• Win the next 2 NCAA National Championships

Votes: 145 51.4%
  • Receive an invite to the ACC

Votes: 137 48.6%

• Total voters

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I don’t know what to tell you. I’ll take my 6 championships and be tied with UNC
I know it's short-sighted and financially unsustainable unless it were to result in a later (but soon) P5 bid, but I agree with you. Then again, I qualify as old and have had the full ride, so I can easily accept that it's all about the post season like I do with every other sport.

I'm jealous every time my Cuse friend mentions a match-up, but I don't really care that much because we won head-to-head this year. I'm embarrassed enough that USF is our opponent when he comes over, but we moved into the kitchen and ate our pizza, and I don't care that I missed the game.

In a few more years, anyone picking on the old man in UConn gear will be right but mean-spirited and unhappy, like some of the people here. Big whoop.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I voted for the 2 N.C.'s.
Think about what the ACC has done for the programs who moved from the BIG EAST.
As far as winning....not much.
It should be all about winning from a fans point of view.
I can't recall who said in another post a while back that the southern bias of the refs in the ACC has really hurt those BIG EAST transplants to the ACC. I agree.
**Thinks about what the ACC has done for former Big East teams**

Yep I’ll take it

Reaction Score

Yep I’ll take it

what did Cuse or Pitt or even Louisville ever win in the OBE? Or Rutgers? At least they are financially stable! Who knows what will happen in the next few years.
Stability will bring better players! Coaches (except Cuse who will stick with the nose picker till he is in a rest home.)

Reaction Score
No one is going to come calling until our football team can put fannies in the seats and behind the TV. Just saying basketball is not going to be our ticket in.
Agreed but with neither sport doing well, Big East may not even want us again. Sigh

Reaction Score
No one is going to come calling until our football team can put fannies in the seats and behind the TV. Just saying basketball is not going to be our ticket in.
I think they're looking more for eyes on the tube than fannies in the seats.

Reaction Score
So, say we win the next 2 championships.

Are you telling me that you’d sit there, after experiencing that, and say “hmm...I think i’d trade this for an ACC invite”

Reaction Score
For me it is a hard choice, almost a coin flip but had to go with the acc. Fball carries too much weight and I am afraid one or even two more championships STILL wouldn't make UConn attractive enough for cr. So acc (or b10 is fine).

Reaction Score

Yep I’ll take it

what has winning national titles done though for us recently? We won in 2014 and its been a train wreck. The schools that went to the big east have had a load of problems not affiliated with conference. Louisville with Pitnio, Pitt with Jamie Dixon leaving, BC never being good outside of 2006, Syracuse hasnt been that bad but are perennial under achievers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
what has winning national titles done though for us? We won in 2014 and its been a train wreck. The schools that went to the big east have had a load of problems not affiliated with conference. Louisville with Pitnio, Pitt with Jamie Dixon leaving, BC never being good outside of 2006, Syracuse hasnt been that bad but are perennial under achievers.

Omg.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The Big 10 will come knocking if UConn fits the profile of a Big 10 university. That means upgrading research into the top tier, and strong fan support for athletics. The former isn't likely given the state's budget troubles and declining demographics and economy, and the latter looks suspect with the lack of sellouts for football and basketball.

But I empathize, I'd love to see the ACC lose the whole Northeast corridor by giving up on UConn in favor of the second best program in northern Kentucky.

The new prez makes that a reality.

SH did some good work on that side. But this guy sounds like someone who wants to take it to the next level.

If he can do that and not screw up athletics I think things will take care of itself

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom