Natalie Butler | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler

Reaction Score
At the half George Mason leads Maryland Eastern Shore 41-32 behind ex-UConner Natalie Butler's 17 1st half pts and 7 rebounds. Coming into tonight's game Butler is the leading rebounder in D1 with 109 boards. Her 17 1st half pts includes her second 3 pt basket this season.

Go get em Natalie !!

Reaction Score
At the half George Mason leads Maryland Eastern Shore 41-32 behind ex-UConner Natalie Butler's 17 1st half pts and 7 rebounds. Coming into tonight's game Butler is the leading rebounder in D1 with 109 boards. Her 17 1st half pts includes her second 3 pt basket this season.

Go get em Natalie !!
Do we care?

Reaction Score
She's doing well at George Mason, but she never lived up to the hype that some, including me, believed.

Reaction Score
She's not as good as I and others believed she would be. If she was with UConn this year, she wouldn't be seeing much playing time, especially with Lou and Batouly healthy.

Reaction Score
I said I hope she does well at George Mason. As freshman of the year in the Big East, I thought she would accomplish more with UConn.

Reaction Score
Butler was never able to play at the speed UConn requires nor did she have good hands. But remember, she was one of the leading rebounders in the country as a freshman and is again this year. Butler was a great team mate, redefined her body in Storrs and gave everything she had in games and practice. WCBB is filled with very good players who would sit on the bench at UConn.

Reaction Score
Natalie played some key minutes. IIRC, she was actually pretty effective in keeping a body on A'ja last year. One of our favorites, for sure!

As to the snarky comments, there really are times we need a "dislike" button.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
To understand Natalie’s value, think how much lower your blood pressure would have been during the second half of the Nevada game, or the fourth quarter of some other games, if she had been on this year’s roster and available. Lou’s injury or foul trouble for other front court starters would be much less of an issue if she were around to soak up 15-20 minutes. True, those minutes might interfere with development time for Megan Walker or Batouly (when she becomes available), but on the other hand, her mentoring of those players might have been a positive contribution that is missing.

I totally understand her reasons for transferring (which had little if anything to do with basketball), but still I wish she were here.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
To understand Natalie’s value, think how much lower your blood pressure would have been during the second half of the Nevada game, or the fourth quarter of some other games, if she had been on this year’s roster and available. Lou’s injury or foul trouble for other front court starters would be much less of an issue if she were around to soak up 15-20 minutes. True, those minutes might interfere with development time for Megan Walker or Batouly (when she becomes available), but on the other hand, her mentoring of those players might have been a positive contribution that is missing.
I totally understand her reasons for transferring (which had little if anything to do with basketball), but still I wish she were here.

Agreed. Also, I have maintained that she really didn’t transfer. She graduated. There’s a big difference. She didn’t walk away from UConn; she completed her undergraduate requirements and began graduate school on another campus. This, for non-athletes is pretty much the norm. I think some of the snarky comments about her time with UConn is the result, in part perhaps, of supposing that she walked out on her former teammates and coaches. She didn’t.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom