Natalie Butler | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Former UConn center Natalie Butler, who transferred to George Mason for her final season of eligibility after receiving her bachelor's degree in May, has been named to the Atlantic-10 Conference preseason third team by the league coaches.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
More evidence it was a good move for her.

She put up really good numbers for Georgetown in 2013-2014, long time ago. With three years of UConn, two as a player, she should be that much better. Smaller pond too, obviously.

She has taken more than her share of criticism but in my opinion, we would have lost a couple more games last year without her. Came up big against Baylor and Texas in particular, also Florida State. Was a good teammate here and always played hard.

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Former UConn center Natalie Butler, who transferred to George Mason for her final season of eligibility after receiving her bachelor's degree in May, has been named to the Atlantic-10 Conference preseason third team by the league coaches.
It still bothers me that she didn't get to hoist her framed jersey at Senior Day and hear the cheers of the faithful one more time. But she'll always be a Husky.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I'll get a chance to see her play in person when she plays against St. Louis University. That is if they play in St. Louis. Slu has a good team but they have no one to handle Butler.

Reaction Score
Will not be surprised if at end of year she is 1st or 2nd Team. She committed herself to stronger body and has faced the best talent in US past years. Unlikely she will see anywhere near the same height or skill level in her current league. Will be guarded by smaller, weaker opponents who have not faced anyone at her level of UConn fitness. Likely to surprise many.

Reaction Score
I will miss Natalie & wish her well at George Mason. I think UCONN might miss her by the end of this season also hope I'm wrong about that.

Can't quite agree that Natalie will be missed on this year's team, unless all our height gets injured or fouls out in the final four. I do wish her well and hope the play in her new league slows down enough so she can catch and finish. And I think her blocks and assists will go way up. No disrespect intended to a hard working teammate who got in shape and had some valuable minutes against teams with size underneath.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wish Natalie much success. As most here probably know, the reason she transferred was mainly because of a major UCONN no longer offers that GMU does. I suspect she will be just terrific in that league and dominate in the post for GMU...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I wish Natalie much success. As most here probably know, the reason she transferred was mainly because of a major UCONN no longer offers that GMU does. I suspect she will be just terrific in that league and dominate in the post for GMU...

Her transfer to George Mason is a win-win for her. I can't see any downside or negatives in that move. As you suggest, she should dominate most opponents with her UConn training and experience that none of them will have. As Huskee11 said, she'll be a BIG fish in a small pond. UConn on the other hand will be fine. I too wish Natalie all the best this year. :cool:

Reaction Score
Natalie as a person is a tremendous person. She never reached to potential I had expected from the early initial reports. I'm happy she made the 3 rd team but having played higher level BB one would think she'd be at least 2nd team. At years end I'm sure she will be that or first team. The Uconn training and expectations make good players great or at least much better and Natalie was good. Wish her luck. Thanks for finding this..know what would be nice if some European team saw her potential and hired her.

Reaction Score
Can't quite agree that Natalie will be missed on this year's team, unless all our height gets injured or fouls out in the final four. I do wish her well and hope the play in her new league slows down enough so she can catch and finish. And I think her blocks and assists will go way up. No disrespect intended to a hard working teammate who got in shape and had some valuable minutes against teams with size underneath.
The personality and person of Natalie will be missed. She would have rode a lot more pines had she stayed. Natalie is a very very nice human being, that will be missed by coaches and players alike, her attitude and willingness to try to do all that which was asked of her. Last year she was ALMOST the only chose to sub in the post.

Reaction Score
I will miss Natalie & wish her well at George Mason. I think UCONN might miss her by the end of this season also hope I'm wrong about that.
I can think of only ONE scenario that would make your second sentence come true: I won't name it but it would involve multiple players.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
It still bothers me that she didn't get to hoist her framed jersey at Senior Day and hear the cheers of the faithful one more time. But she'll always be a Husky.
That reminds me of another thing. Tierney and Saniya got their graduation day picture with Geno, per tradition. But the only one of Nat I ever saw was her by herself. Could it be that knowledge of her transfer disqualified her from these traditions?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why can't people just say thank you and good luck rather than the rude comments like this and others about a young woman who always tried her hardest

They don't call it The Boneyard for nothing...

Reaction Score
That reminds me of another thing. Tierney and Saniya got their graduation day picture with Geno, per tradition. But the only one of Nat I ever saw was her by herself. Could it be that knowledge of her transfer disqualified her from these traditions?
Gus---Natalie graduated from Uconn--that should qualify her for Senior Nite and pictures. But-------she may have had to be in GM before that happened. Natalie gave Geno all she could. Knowing, ie, seeing Geno/Christine for 30 plus years I have never seen Geno dis-respect a student player transferring or not, especially one as nice as Ms Butler. It was an oversight, schedule conflicts, may be done if Nat comes back for anything--she has earned that.
They don't call it The Boneyard for nothing...
Geeez, stupid me, I thought it was all about Dog Bones, whoda thunk it???

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Gus---Natalie graduated from Uconn--that should qualify her for Senior Nite and pictures. But-------she may have had to be in GM before that happened. Natalie gave Geno all she could. Knowing, ie, seeing Geno/Christine for 30 plus years I have never seen Geno dis-respect a student player transferring or not, especially one as nice as Ms Butler. It was an oversight, schedule conflicts, may be done if Nat comes back for anything--she has earned that.
You of course are right. I should clarify. I started to in my post and should have. My question was sort of rhetorical in that I couldn't believe that Geno could possibly have blocked any of this. So it's a mystery.

Yes, I agree that Natalie should be given full honors as a Husky for life and all the advantages that accrue from that.

Reaction Score

GUS----I was not in anyway arguing or disrespecting that which you posted. I enjoy your post too much. I was trying to add to the words you wrote.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I can't imagine that being the case. A graduation is a big deal for this program and something to celebrate don't see a reason why Natalie's graduation would be any different.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
GUS----I was not in anyway arguing or disrespecting that which you posted. I enjoy your post too much. I was trying to add to the words you wrote.
It's cool. I didn't take it as such.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I can't imagine that being the case. A graduation is a big deal for this program and something to celebrate don't see a reason why Natalie's graduation would be any different.
Agreed. I should have said your first sentence as my last sentence. And see my response to Broadway just above.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom