Natalie Butler will be the 5th starter...don't doubt me on this..! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler will be the 5th starter...don't doubt me on this..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Interestingly, he did go the 'other way' for long stretches when Stokes was on the floor - Kiah (1) was in tight around the rim essentially playing that zone while the other (4) played in a match-up zone that looked more like a man-to-man, since UCONN defenders were playing people tight and following them around. Hard to describe that part of the defense as 4-on-5 because Stokes always had a bead on somebody in the lane. Sort of the anti- box-and-1. Not a classic zone by any stretch, though Geno did use that defense at times as well.

I'm not saying this was the defense whenever Stokes was in the game, but it was employed quite a bit (only with Stokes)
It was a zone. A 2-3 zone. Could call it a match up zone, I suppose, but still a 2-3 zone. (but then they've always played the man as opposed to the area) And yes he did play it quite a bit when Stokes was in. Allowed her to be around the basket for blocking purposes. I think it was the year before when he played some 3-2 (or 1-2-2) zone.

Reaction Score
Defense and rebounding will be the key to who will be on the floor to start, in the middle and at the end.

Stew and Mo will be on the floor Morgan, NB and KN to start. Everyone should be able to play all out full court man2man and get breather from our deep bench.

Scoring won't be a problem, but I agree we need to develop the fr & soph players so we have a great 8 player rotation by March that can do everything Geno asks.

Reaction Score
Defense and rebounding will be the key to who will be on the floor to start, in the middle and at the end.

Stew and Mo will be on the floor Morgan, NB and KN to start. Everyone should be able to play all out full court man2man and get breather from our deep bench.

Scoring won't be a problem, but I agree we need to develop the fr & soph players so we have a great 8 player rotation by March that can do everything Geno asks.

I agree Tj. Can you imagine Geno playing full court man to man and substituting a new five every five minutes and continuing full court man to man? We have the bench to develop a strong ten player rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom