Natalie Butler - Expat Hoops | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler - Expat Hoops

Reaction Score
Hi all,

We're a new podcast featuring men's and women's basketball players you might know from college who have gone on to play professionally overseas. One of our early guests was Natalie Butler, and we're working on putting out her full video podcast Monday October 26th. While we've leaned hard into connections at George Mason (we're a couple of GMU grads), we're not looking to be a George Mason podcast exclusively, so we'd love if you gave us a follow on our social accounts (@ExpatHoops) and subscribe to our YouTube Channel so you can be alerted when we post new content. For now, here's a short video promo from Natalie, but we're also looking to cut up some additional previews in advance of her full interview that will also touch on her time at UConn.

Reaction Score
Not sure they can pull it off, but it sounds like a great idea.

Reaction Score
A classic big girl who took a bit more time to develop. As they say, "you can't teach height". Hope she make a ton of money overseas.

Reaction Score
A classic big girl who took a bit more time to develop. As they say, "you can't teach height". Hope she make a ton of money overseas.
Not sure I understand the continuing comments about Nat developing. She came to UConn and had a broken thumb. Hard to handle ball with one hand. She was dominating once she healed. Her George Mason opponents were comparable to the UConn in league competition. A shame we never saw here at her best.

Reaction Score
Not sure I understand the continuing comments about Nat developing. She came to UConn and had a broken thumb. Hard to handle ball with one hand. She was dominating once she healed. Her George Mason opponents were comparable to the UConn in league competition. A shame we never saw here at her best.
She "lumbered" her first year at UConn. Unless feet are connected somehow to the hands, I believe it took some time for her to gain better overall coordination. She ran much better at GU. Not a knock, just common with big (dare I say) white, girls!

Reaction Score
It's been a busy week for us, but we're thrilled to see the support for Natalie. Not surprised, but still thrilled to see it. She was a fantastic guest. I'll be cutting up a few more segments prior to the full pod being released Monday, but here is the first one for you all with a UConn centric question.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Watched the interview and I'm really impressed by Nat. She is so personable, has a sense of humor and seems down to earth. She had nothing but good things to say about her Huskie experience.

Go Natalie!!!

Now I am hoping to see a similar interview with Kyla...someplace :) .

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I still think she would have had a more successful UConn career if she had not injured her thumb in her first season of eligibility. Before the season even started. I believe that took a mental toll on her as well as physical. She was so ready and looking forward to play before she got injured.

Reaction Score
We'll definitely have her on again, so if you have questions for her feel free to shoot them our way. We're also open to suggestions for who listeners would like to see for future guests. Our "angle" for this show is to speak with professional basketball players playing overseas. That's pretty much our "requirement" (and even then, we're flexible on it).

Shameless plug alert, please follow us on our Twitter/FB/IG and/or YouTube Channel. We have started within the George Mason community given some of our ties, but some of our upcoming guests are from other schools (Mizzou, Arizona State). We certainly would love to talk with other UConn pros, men or women, in the future.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In the full video, some really interesting things.

1) She originally chose Georgetown in the Big East because one of the selling points during recruitment was she could play against UConn who was still in the Big East. Then the transfer to AAC and poop.

2) Her reaction when the host said the games were so easy at UConn. That is because everything done in practice is done at full speed and with a purpose

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom