Nat Headed To Belgium To Play Professionally | The Boneyard

Nat Headed To Belgium To Play Professionally

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wasn't her graduate degree in global affairs, or something like that? If so, Brussels is a great place for her (hq of the EU.) Maybe she could do an internship while making a living playing hoops.
Nat’s Masters degree at GMU’s graduate school of Global Affairs was in Global Governance and Public Management. I agree that Brussels is a perfect fit for her to advance her non-basketball career while earning a few euros to play basketball. Nat clearly has a plan.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In researching the Belgium League to get a better feeling, I came across the following information regarding Karlie Samuelson who will apparently also be in the Belgium League next season after any WNBA obligations (hopefully)

EUROBASKET NEWS

Nat's transaction I guess has not made the information page yet.

Belgian Basketball, News, Teams, Scores, Stats, Standings, Awards - eurobasket

Does not seem that there are really any US players of note in the League. Only 2 I recognize are

Briana Day (Syracuse)
Jada Payne (E. Car)

Nat will probably lead the league in Rebounding again. :)

upload_2018-5-16_12-47-39.png

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Isn't that where they make those Belgium Blocks of Stone.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A door closed, another one quickly opened..........and so begins the next chapter in Butler's life. Dallas cutting her may have been a blessing in disguise. Like many of you have already surmised, Butler should do well in Belgium.

As Oldude said "Brussels is a perfect fit for her to advance her non-basketball career while earning a few euros to play basketball. Nat clearly has a plan". I agree 100% with his comment. Kudos to her agent for finding what may well be the best place for her at this time for several reasons. Good luck Nat, go get 'em. :)

Thanks JavaMan!!;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Mussels and frites, excellent chocolate, good beer, and Belgian waffles! Enjoy, Nat!!
I spent some time in Belgium on business. While the Belgians are wonderful people, one sure way to upset them is by ordering “French” fries (frites). They will quickly point out that it was the Belgians, not the French, who first introduced that particular delicacy.

Reaction Score
Wasn't her graduate degree in global affairs, or something like that? If so, Brussels is a great place for her (hq of the EU.) Maybe she could do an internship while making a living playing hoops.
And NATO. I wish her the best. Great young lady.

Reaction Score
Belgium plays basketball? I guess it’s a great place to visit and live for a few months but never heard of anybody playing there. They do have great chocolate though.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Belgium plays basketball? I guess it’s a great place to visit and live for a few months but never heard of anybody playing there. They do have great chocolate though.
I spent a week in Belgium on business many years ago. One night my host took me to a gym to play pickup basketball with about a dozen of his buddies. They weren’t half bad. We played for about 2 hours, had a great time and the beer afterwards was fantastic.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Virtually all positions in the EU are restricted to nationals of member countries. But who knows, she might be able to find something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom