OT: - NASCAR to host All Star Open with 30,000 spectators July 15 | The Boneyard

OT: NASCAR to host All Star Open with 30,000 spectators July 15

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Will be an interesting toe in the water for football/basketball having fans this fall. IMO it’s absolutely insane. Could shut down sports for years. For a NASCAR all star race.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That's 19.3% capacity. You can alternate every fourth seat and still easily fit everyone in according to social distancing. Something like:

BXXXBXXXBXXXB
XXBXXXBXXXBXX
BXXXBXXXBXXXB

B =
butts in the seats.

I think they can do the seating just fine. That would be the least of my worries. More worrisome to me is Bristol is tiny hamlet in East Bumphuk. It's the gas stations, convenience stores and other local businesses that many of the travelling fans will be using leading up to race and departing after the race that would worry me most.

Reaction Score
I think they can do the seating just fine. That would be the least of my worries. More worrisome to me is Bristol is tiny hamlet in East Bumphuk. It's the gas stations, convenience stores and other local businesses that many of the travelling fans will be using leading up to race and departing after the race that would worry me most.
Bathrooms and concessions. I've been to enough sporting events to know the ratio of urinals/toilets used to pairs of hands washed is about 5:1.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Someone has to try so why not NASCAR? They've gone for a month with no fans and no issues so it's "turning the dial" as everyone likes to say. If everyone continues to be scared to take a chance with returning to normal how are we ever going to move forward?

Reaction Score
Someone has to try so why not NASCAR? They've gone for a month with no fans and no issues so it's "turning the dial" as everyone likes to say. If everyone continues to be scared to take a chance with returning to normal how are we ever going to move forward?
Go ahead and try but: still in first wave, cases increasing in South (nascar), fear is not a bad thing for a very contagious virus that may kill you.

if we find ourselves without a vaccine in early 2021 then hard choices will have to be made but spectators at sporting events in 2020 seems like an unnecessary risk.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Go ahead and try but: still in first wave, cases increasing in South (nascar), fear is not a bad thing for a very contagious virus that may kill you.

if we find ourselves without a vaccine in early 2021 then hard choices will have to be made but spectators at sporting events in 2020 seems like an unnecessary risk.
The south, where it’s more rational to be afraid of minorities and the LGBTQ+ community than a virus that has a 10% shot at killing you.

Reaction Score

We've had hundreds of thousands protesting together for the past 2+ weeks. I was at one with 30,000 people. Seems if we can do that, having 1/5th capacity at Bristol is okay.

Reaction Score
We've had hundreds of thousands protesting together for the past 2+ weeks. I was at one with 30,000 people. Seems if we can do that, having 1/5th capacity at Bristol is okay.
Like I said go ahead but spectators at sporting events, rallies, etc in 2020 seems like an unnecessary risk. Outside is much better than inside but people will still be in close contact at some point.

The country needs to work but they don't need to yell and cheer in person at cars going in circles or people playing with balls in 2020....Just my humble opinion.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The south, where it’s more rational to be afraid of minorities and the LGBTQ+ community than a virus that has a 10% shot at killing you.

It would be awful if the death rate was 10%. Fortunately it's no where close to that rate.

Reaction Score
Like I said go ahead but spectators at sporting events, rallies, etc in 2020 seems like an unnecessary risk. Outside is much better than inside but people will still be in close contact at some point.

The country needs to work but they don't need to yell and cheer in person at cars going in circles or people playing with balls in 2020....Just my humble opinion.
Again, we're already doing it. I don't see why people would have a problem with 30,000 at Bristol on July 15th when we've already had hundreds of thousands gathering while yelling and cheering. The virus doesn't care whether it's at a sporting event or a protest.

If you want to wait until 2021 or 2030 to be around a lot of people, again that's up to you but the cat is already out of the bag on it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Again, we're already doing it. I don't see why people would have a problem with 30,000 at Bristol on July 15th when we've already had hundreds of thousands gathering while yelling and cheering. The virus doesn't care whether it's at a sporting event or a protest.

If you want to wait until 2021 or 2030 to be around a lot of people, again that's up to you but the cat is already out of the bag on it.

Hehe. All that carburetor exhaust gonna kill off the corona in the air.

Reaction Score

So early 2021 is the magic time? Why? Why not 2022? Spectator sports should prob be off the table until this goes away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom