OT - NASCAR just mentioned UConn | The Boneyard

OT - NASCAR just mentioned UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
In comparing Stewarts just sneaking into the playoffs and winning it all.

"Tony Stewart continuing a theme that's been sports in 2011 of teams just barely making the post season and coming on strong and winning the championship. The Packers would be one, UConn would be another..."

Nice to get recognition outside of the basketball world.

Reaction Score
Barely made the postseason as a three seed? I can kind of see what he's saying, but it isn't necessarily accurate.

Reaction Score
Barely made the postseason as a three seed? I can kind of see what he's saying, but it isn't necessarily accurate.
Well, our postseason started during the Big East Tournament, and there was some talk, albeit off-base, that if we had lost to DePaul that there was a chance we'd miss the NCAA after losing 7 of our last 11 regular season games. That being said, we still probably would've been a 7-9 seed had we lost to Georgetown. The point is essentially just that we weren't really considered a legitimate title contended until the very end of the season. It's nice to get a little recognition, even if it's just something small like that.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Yeah - not exactly accurate but the idea that they were limping down the stretch I assume was what he was getting at. Mentioned my other favorite team, the Cardinals as well.

Reaction Score

Keep in mind, we ENTERED the postseason as a 9 seed out of 16, not a 3 seed. The way we ended the regular season, we were probably entering the lower half of the NCAA seeds, and fading (similar to Texas in 2010) We may have been qualified to be in the postseason, but we were clearly not an "elite" team--just as Green Bayy and the SF Giants were not elite teams heading into their respective postseasons.

It's about getting hot at the right time. The analogy works.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind, we ENTERED the postseason as a 9 seed out of 16, not a 3 seed. The way we ended the regular season, we were probably entering the lower half of the NCAA seeds, and fading (similar to Texas in 2010) We may have been qualified to be in the postseason, but we were clearly not an "elite" team--just as Green Bayy and the SF Giants were not elite teams heading into their respective postseasons.

It's about getting hot at the right time. The analogy works.
Agree, I recall being on pins and needles with our 9 BE losses and talk of us having to win some games in the BET to get a seed. We certainly were not the favorites.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'll take it

might help us steal some southern boys

especially important in football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors