Narduzzi-Weist Combo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Narduzzi-Weist Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have been promoting a MAC coach such as Pete Lembo or Dave Clawson. Should neither be hired and Narduzzi be named, Weist would be a great choice for Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator. It would be a perfect T up for Weist to land a better head coaching job a few years down the road. Looking at
the young talent, Bradley, Lemelle, Fox along with Davis and Phillips, UCONN looks very talented at WR.
Who better to preside over them but TJ Weist along with Narduzzi's defensive prowess. If Lembo or Clawson hired they too could choose Weist, however they may be more likely to bring their own guys.
No way this happens. If a new head coach comes in, they don't retain the old head coach. I would think it would be a distraction having the guy you replaced on your staff. I could hear some players now, "That's not the way coach Weist did it".

Reaction Score
Jeremy Fowler ‏@JFowlerCBS54s
#UConn has requested an interview with #ichiganState DC Pat Narduzzi, per source. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jeremy-fowler/24369000/uconn-requests-interview-with-michigan-state-dc-pat-narduzzi…

I like last sentence: "Narduzzi appears to have options, whether that be staying at Michigan State or exploring future Big Ten openings."

Possibly referring to UConn as a future Big Ten opening?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I like last sentence: "Narduzzi appears to have options, whether that be staying at Michigan State or exploring future Big Ten openings."

If Narduzzi comes to UCONN and 1) UCONN wins again and 2) UCONN goes to the B1G, he'll become a Calhoun-esque icon here.

Reaction Score
Most shoot this idea down, but if I'm Narduzzi (a defensive guy) I want to keep whatever seems to be working on offense going and not monkey with it, so I would be interested in keeping Weist.

Weist has a rep as a good recruiter (and he has been recruiting our current guys) so he should be valuable in that regard as well.

At the very least if I'm Narduzzi I want to keep Day and Foley. Starting from complete scratch would put any coach two steps behind out of the gate.

Agree with Mr. Mets,
In the interview process and subsequent hiring, a CEO will ask why am I here, who are my key people, what worked and what did not. Tape will bear it out, real quick.
Several key people would be retained by the new CEO and the rest would be gone as the new CEO brings in his own people to supplement those portions of the
product that were worth retaining and fix those aspects broken. TJ showed, with young players, what could be.....

Reaction Score
Day might be the key to the offense anyway. I'm certainly not in the position to tell.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

I like your optimism.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
New coach will make the call on who is on his staff, but any coach who doesn't interview the current staff is an idiot I don't want.

TJ is more attack attractive as an OC than HC. If the new coach runs a similar scheme and doesn't have his own guy, the TJ has a shot.

I won't sweat the outcome, TJ has proven himself hireable as an assistant or lower level HC. He'll have plenty of options.

Reaction Score
What if he decides that he wants to run a 2 tight end offense that emphasizes running the ball, and short, quick passes to the tight ends and receivers? A west coast style? I don't think there would be anything wrong with that. (except for the fact we need to find two tight ends, and a running game, lol).

We just went through 2 1/2 years of hell with two coaches who tried to mold the talent to their system instead of the other way around. Why Narduzzi would want to abandon concepts that are clearly beginning to work? Besides, he hasn't coached offense in 20 years.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Does Narduzzi have any relationship with Coach Weist? If not, why in the world would he keep him on as the OC? He is going to want to go with someone he is comfortable with.

He is a DC. There are probably only a handful of O Coordi ators he even knows personally. If TJ wants to stay, he would get a interview with the new coach. If they hit it off, then the new coach would likely see the benefit of having ofensive continuity starting his new job.

Reaction Score
He is a DC. There are probably only a handful of O Coordi ators he even knows personally. If TJ wants to stay, he would get a interview with the new coach. If they hit it off, then the new coach would likely see the benefit of having ofensive continuity starting his new job.

Honest question because I have zero idea what the answer is. But is there an example of a new head coach coming into a program and keeping the offensive coordinator on staff?

Reaction Score
No way this happens. If a new head coach comes in, they don't retain the old head coach. I would think it would be a distraction having the guy you replaced on your staff. I could hear some players now, "That's not the way coach Weist did it".

Maybe a distraction for about a day, or until the coaches including (hypothetically) TJ explain the situation and remind them they're here to play football and to win.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score

In all seriousness though... What B1G jobs are open/in consideration for Narduzzi??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Honest question because I have zero idea what the answer is. But is there an example of a new head coach coming into a program and keeping the offensive coordinator on staff?
A similar situation at Ohio State but on other side of ball...Urban Meyer retained then interim HC Luke Fickell who is the current Ohio State D.C./Linebackers/recruiting. Fickell had interviewed for the H.C. position. (Sound familiar)

Reaction Score
Agree keeping TJ on and i hope it occurs but I give this less than like 10 percent chance.

Not sure what the retention rate is for position coaches but I think we need to keep John Wholley. Sio and smallwood speak highly of him and linebackers have always been a strength for us.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Not sure what else Manuel could be expected to say publicly. Seems like if he's going with Narduzzi Narduzzi would not be doing his due dilgence by getting a sense of having TJ as the OC would work.

Remember, if TJ doesn't get the head coaching gig here there are few places where he can make as much or more money than he can here.

Say what? Many schools pay coordinators $750K-$1mil +

Reaction Score
Say what? Many schools pay coordinators $750K-$1mil +

very, very, very few coordinators in that range. Don't think TJ can make jump to that level if he goes elsewhere

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

Les Miles kept Jimbo Fisher for 2 years before Jimbo left to go to FSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom