Narduzzi-Weist Combo | The Boneyard

Narduzzi-Weist Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have been promoting a MAC coach such as Pete Lembo or Dave Clawson. Should neither be hired and Narduzzi be named, Weist would be a great choice for Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator. It would be a perfect T up for Weist to land a better head coaching job a few years down the road. Looking at
the young talent, Bradley, Lemelle, Fox along with Davis and Phillips, UCONN looks very talented at WR.
Who better to preside over them but TJ Weist along with Narduzzi's defensive prowess. If Lembo or Clawson hired they too could choose Weist, however they may be more likely to bring their own guys.

Reaction Score
Most shoot this idea down, but if I'm Narduzzi (a defensive guy) I want to keep whatever seems to be working on offense going and not monkey with it, so I would be interested in keeping Weist.

Weist has a rep as a good recruiter (and he has been recruiting our current guys) so he should be valuable in that regard as well.

At the very least if I'm Narduzzi I want to keep Day and Foley. Starting from complete scratch would put any coach two steps behind out of the gate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like the idea of keeping TJ as OC or receivers coach. People can go blahblahblah 3-5 Temple RU Memphis all they want but many around here didn't think it would have been possible for the team to beat ANYONE after the SUNYB game.

Reaction Score
Like Narduzzi getting personally involved when it mattered most!

@footballscoop13h
Love Narduzzi coming down from the box to give his D a spark. They stoned'em from then on!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Most shoot this idea down, but if I'm Narduzzi (a defensive guy) I want to keep whatever seems to be working on offense going and not monkey with it, so I would be interested in keeping Weist.

Weist has a rep as a good recruiter (and he has been recruiting our current guys) so he should be valuable in that regard as well.

At the very least if I'm Narduzzi I want to keep Day and Foley. Starting from complete scratch would put any coach two steps behind out of the gate.
The question is would TJ do it.

Reaction Score
The question is would TJ do it.
I think he would do it.
1)Chance to finish your stamp on offense..no GDL interference.
2) Assistant HC/OC./Recievers Coach. Pay raise should be coming.
3)Keep family and young kids in place rather than move again.
4)Stamp of approval from Warde/Susan/UCONN for tremendous effort. Good for career.
5)Likes Storrs.
6)UCONN Brand good stepping stone to next gig.
7)Only 1 (one) year as O.C.
8) Skill positions return intact.
9)Build up resume /just put great #'s in record books with Red shirt frosh QB. Chance to build on it.///Recruiting just got enhanced if you like exciting offense.
10)Earned players respect with his system. Players love his exciting system. Infectious for young recruits and will be easier to get newer guys to buy in rather than start all over.
11) Certainly earned our (close followers) respect by stopping the bleeding and starting the breathing.

Reaction Score
Does Narduzzi have any relationship with Coach Weist? If not, why in the world would he keep him on as the OC? He is going to want to go with someone he is comfortable with.

Reaction Score
Does Narduzzi have any relationship with Coach Weist? If not, why in the world would he keep him on as the OC? He is going to want to go with someone he is comfortable with.
That would be the biggest issue with this scenario.

Reaction Score

Narduzzi may not have an offensive guy he is comfortable with. Football scoop said as much in September. Don't see why people think TJ couldn't work with a new coach when he worked for nine months with the freaking Sunshine Boys.

Reaction Score
Not sure what else Manuel could be expected to say publicly. Seems like if he's going with Narduzzi Narduzzi would not be doing his due dilgence by getting a sense of having TJ as the OC would work.

Remember, if TJ doesn't get the head coaching gig here there are few places where he can make as much or more money than he can here.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If I'm Weist, who clearly is gunning to be a head coach - there's no chance I'm going back to solely WR coach, anywhere. I'd only consider an OC position in very specific scenarios. Otherwise, I'd be looking for a HC gig, even if it's at a smaller school.

Reaction Score
For some reason I have been thinking about going to Subway all afternoon.

Reaction Score
I have been promoting a MAC coach such as Pete Lembo or Dave Clawson. Should neither be hired and Narduzzi be named, Weist would be a great choice for Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator. It would be a perfect T up for Weist to land a better head coaching job a few years down the road. Looking at
the young talent, Bradley, Lemelle, Fox along with Davis and Phillips, UCONN looks very talented at WR.
Who better to preside over them but TJ Weist along with Narduzzi's defensive prowess. If Lembo or Clawson hired they too could choose Weist, however they may be more likely to bring their own guys.

He's as qualified as anyone imo to guide this offense through our transition to the B1G. Has already made strides in a few short months and knows the players well. Would be a huge help to the new coach. If he doesn't work out can be let go easier then one of his old buddies (see: P > GDL). Significant raise might help him through his disappointment but this could still set him up for future gig. Hope the new coach keeps an open mind if it is someone other than TJ.

And don't forget Arkeel in that "young talent" pool. Could make an impact early.

Reaction Score
The new coach should pick his own staff. Period.

True, but a competent and confident coach would also be at least interested in keeping a good thing going.

This is not a blow it up and start all over job. If the next head coach pulls an Edsall or Pasqualoni it will be very disappointing.

Reaction Score
True, but a competent and confident coach would also be at least interested in keeping a good thing going.

This is not a blow it up and start all over job. If the next head coach pulls an Edsall or Pasqualoni it will be very disappointing.

Just say Narduzzi gets the job. What if he wants to run a different offense than Coach Weist was running?

Reaction Score
Just say Narduzzi gets the job. What if he wants to run a different offense than Coach Weist was running?

I would wonder if he has seen video of the last three games. If he wanted to drastically change things my first thought would be Warde made a mistake.

Reaction Score
I would wonder if he has seen video of the last three games. If he wanted to drastically change things my first thought would be Warde made a mistake.

But just b/c TJ doesn't get the job, doesn't mean our offense is going to disappear. I have no problems with TJ and he did a fine job down the stretch but he's not the only coach who knows a little bit about offense.

It's not like a new guy is gonna come in here and put Geremy Davis at corner.

Reaction Score

What if he decides that he wants to run a 2 tight end offense that emphasizes running the ball, and short, quick passes to the tight ends and receivers? A west coast style? I don't think there would be anything wrong with that. (except for the fact we need to find two tight ends, and a running game, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom