Napier the new starting PG in Orlando? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Napier the new starting PG in Orlando?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
For what it's worth. When Payton is on, he is very good. But when he is off, he is a dead man.
This. The Magic won't give up on him any time soon. If he develops an average jumper, he's going to be nasty. Shabazz will have to really kill it if he's going to get as many minutes as EP long term.

Reaction Score
Kidd didn't win a title until he developed a jump shot.
I think Kidd playing with an all time great in Dirk, one of the best defensive Cs in the league in Chandler, and the best roster he played on in his career had more to do with winning that ring then him shooting 36% from the field and 34% from 3, his numbers in 2010-2011. Kidd was a far better player when he went to the Finals with the Nets(and the Suns and his first stint with the Mavs), just didn't have great teams.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I think Kidd playing with an all time great in Dirk, one of the best defensive Cs in the league in Chandler, and the best roster he played on in his career had more to do with winning that ring then him shooting 36% from the field and 34% from 3, his numbers in 2010-2011. Kidd was a far better player when he went to the Finals with the Nets(and the Suns and his first stint with the Mavs), just didn't have great teams.
Also I believe Kidd is 3rd in all time 3pt field goals, so he definitely developed a shot later on in his career.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Jason Kidd wasn't Steph Curry, but he could hit open threes.

Reaction Score
Also I believe Kidd is 3rd in all time 3pt field goals, so he definitely developed a shot later on in his career.
I think the point was you wouldn't have drafted him b/c he didn't have a jump shot initially. No need for the absolutes, if you were the Celtics with Ray, PP & Garnett you would have drafted/kept a PG with no jump shot all day. And in contrast Russell Westbrook is criticized as a PG with too much jump shooting tendencies (although also not accurate). In evolving NBA game a jump shot is becoming more important for spacing, so could be accurate to not draft a non-shooting PG (see Michael Carter-Williams) in today's NBA. Also don't draft big guys with broken bodies.

Reaction Score
I think the point was you wouldn't have drafted him b/c he didn't have a jump shot initially. No need for the absolutes, if you were the Celtics with Ray, PP & Garnett you would have drafted/kept a PG with no jump shot all day. And in contrast Russell Westbrook is criticized as a PG with too much jump shooting tendencies (although also not accurate). In evolving NBA game a jump shot is becoming more important for spacing, so could be accurate to not draft a non-shooting PG (see Michael Carter-Williams) in today's NBA. Also don't draft big guys with broken bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom