napier on the impact of boatright | The Boneyard

napier on the impact of boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The sheer jealousy, rage, and overall contempt will surely impact chemistry, as some have suspected.

Reaction Score
Shabazz should be happier than anybody that RB is on the floor.

1. He's not losing any playing time other than that required to catch his breath.
2. It's going to open up scoring opportunities for him. Y'all saw that penetration and ridiculous 15 foot kick pass from Boat to Bazz for the killer 3 late in the FSU game? Expect a lot more of it.

Reaction Score
As SN and RB get familiar with each other during play they should play off each other well, and provide many enjoyable fan time.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The way Bazz has been shooting ... playing him off the ball for stretches is going to be a huge plus.

Reaction Score
I LOVE THE COMBINATION OF BOAT AND BAZZ. THEY WILL TOUGH TO HANDLE LIKE BAZZ AND KEMBA WERE TOUGH TO HANDLE. NOW WE NEED TO GET AO ON THE SAME PAGE AND REALIZE THE WHOLE IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE SUM OF ITS PARTS.

Reaction Score
I LOVE THE COMBINATION OF BOAT AND BAZZ. THEY WILL TOUGH TO HANDLE LIKE BAZZ AND KEMBA WERE TOUGH TO HANDLE. NOW WE NEED TO GET AO ON THE SAME PAGE AND REALIZE THE WHOLE IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE SUM OF ITS PARTS.
stop yelling

Reaction Score
We might have the best backcourt in the country!
That's a bold statement. I hope that turns out the be the case. Let's give it a few more games before we declare SN & RB the best backcourt that has ever lived.

Reaction Score
This duo is going to be a handful. Remember how hard it was to keep Siva and Knowles out of the paint when those two were healthy?

Reaction Score
Boatright is a zone buster and we needed that a lot, many teams like what UCF did will go zone on us when we're in a groove.
UCF did even worse - they basically swapped from zone to man and back on every other possession. That was brutal.

Reaction Score
That's a bold statement. I hope that turns out the be the case. Let's give it a few more games before we declare SN & RB the best backcourt that has ever lived.

Lamb is included in that group

Reaction Score
Well, from what I read, UCF decided to go zone after makes and man after misses - and then they made all their shots down the stretch, so they just pretty much stayed in zone. So the cycle kept repeating itself (we can't stop them, they stay in zone, we can't score, etc.). Maybe if only they had said man to man after makes and zone after misses, we would matched them basket for basket and won by 15.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
can anyone expand on this napier - boatright rivalry that people keep hearing about?

Yeah, it doesn't exist other than the common teammate rivalry.

SN and RB are fine. SB embraced RB after the W vs FSU for hitting his FTs

Reaction Score
There is no rivalry. It's a Boneyard creation - from people who have their rooting interest with one player as opposed to the team. It's like how I am with the Celtics. I root for Ray Allen, and by extension, root for the Celtics to win. But at the same time, when Ray doesn't get the ball against the Bulls when he's sitting on 52 points in overtime, I might get mad at Paul Pierce for being selfish and perhaps I could fabricate a Pierce-Allen rivalry on a messageboard when none really exists. A true Celtics fan though, would be more objective and would say that Pierce is a better shot-creator/playmaker with the ball in his hands and there is no rivalry between the two (and they'd be right).

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It may just be a laziness thing but if so, I suggest he goes with all lower case.
I don't think he realizes the CAPs indicates shouting. Not only that, it's tough on the eyes and hard to read.

SO STOP USING CAPS, SPARKY! :)

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
can anyone expand on this napier - boatright rivalry that people keep hearing about?

I've posted it elsewhere and I'm sure others have said similar things but from the scrimmages I've seen the team play at Gampel there is a lot of jawing back and forth but I've never gotten the impression there was bad blood in the slightest. After the FSU game Bazz gave Boat a huge hug (maybe even lifted him off the ground if I'm not mistaken). During the postgame interview with Bazz, Boat and Lamb you could tell Bazz was proud of Boat

Reaction Score
I've posted it elsewhere and I'm sure others have said similar things but from the scrimmages I've seen the team play at Gampel there is a lot of jawing back and forth but I've never gotten the impression there was bad blood in the slightest. After the FSU game Bazz gave Boat a huge hug (maybe even lifted him off the ground if I'm not mistaken). During the postgame interview with Bazz, Boat and Lamb you could tell Bazz was proud of Boat
Two street ballers not backing down. Its normal with 2 big city players, certainly no bad blood, just trash talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom