Napier loves the long ball article | The Boneyard

Napier loves the long ball article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems it would have something to do with having a strong preference to not have a defender close by.

Reaction Score
I agree, especially if the defender picks up the player at the 3 point line. If you can shoot the long ball like Napier and Lamb from a foot or however further from the line, you might as well as you'll probably have a less contested shot than someone that is on the line.

Reaction Score
Also, Lamb has made at least three shots this year from, I'm guessing, 25-27 feet.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I agree, especially if the defender picks up the player at the 3 point line. If you can shoot the long ball like Napier and Lamb from a foot or however further from the line, you might as well as you'll probably have a less contested shot than someone that is on the line.

Seems like this is the case. Because of Bazz's small stature, it seems he prefers some extra space to get the shot off.

Boat can elevate and Lamb is just long enough to shoot over people. Seems like Napier doesn't care about creating a little more distance in the shot in order to get a better look at the hoop.

Reaction Score
its probably riskier for a defender to come up and defend you a few feet above the 3 point line especially with a guy like boatright that can blow by you and then have to allow for a defender to come off his man to help defend.

Reaction Score
I would assume that there is also probably a pretty high correlation between his 24+ foot attempts, and defenders giving him space. I thought this was an interesting topic because I always find myself thinking "that wasn't a good shot...even though it went in", but if he keeps hitting them, I'll probably have to change my mind!

Reaction Score
The 3 he shot against Ark the other day was just ridiculous

The best part of Lamb's deep 3 against Arkansas was that it had almost no arc. It was like a laser right into the rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom