Napier had a terrible game. | The Boneyard

Napier had a terrible game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There was a sequence in beginning of second half where he had 3 turnovers in a row. Then as a team we shoot 2 of 18 from 3. Shades of 2 years ago. We needed Boatright badly today.

Reaction Score
We were dominating the paint early in the game and we just got away from it. Are we playing a 3rd place game tomorrow or are we done?

Reaction Score
Bazz had a bad 2nd half and the team didn't shoot the 3 well at all today. Just a bad game. It happens. They'll learn from this and get better.

Reaction Score
You don't think we could of played better defense? personally I don't like us shooting the ball thattt much because i'm afraid of games like that.

Reaction Score
He played a very good first half - set some of the bigs up for dunks and looked in control. Then he picked up his second foul - had that bad stretch to start the second half (in addition to his three turnovers, Jordan blew by him twice for lay-ups). Down the stretch, he couldn't figure out how to get us some good shots, and the Plan B (spread for Lamb) resulted in Lamb dribbling off his leg twice.

Reaction Score
There was a sequence in beginning of second half where he had 3 turnovers in a row. Then as a team we shoot 2 of 18 from 3. Shades of 2 years ago. We needed Boatright badly today.

I think far too much of the solution to this teams current problems is being placed on the return of Boatright. He will help no doubt. But we have looked disjointed for 6 games. That's a lot. There appears to be some issues with this team. I don't agree that they needed a brutal loss like this to help them. I think it revealed some larger issues with this team. Chemistry and leadership wise. This is quite simply a very disjointed basketball team right now for whatever reason and I think it's far too simplistic to think the arrival of Boatright solves all of the problems.

Reaction Score
The second half was the worst I've ever seen Shabazz play. He's a great player but for several reasons he stunk it up today, don't think we will ever see him play that poorly again.

Reaction Score
Boatright isn't going to solve all of our problems, but he will allow Napier and Lamb to come out once in a while - either to rest, or to bench them on merit when warranted. I don't expect more than 4-5 ppg out of Boatright this season - with certainly some days when he's 0-2 with a turnover in less than 10 minutes and a non-factor. But there will be days (similar to Kemba's freshman year), when his ability to change tempo and get us out running will be key. We just need the extra arrow in the quiver.

Reaction Score
I think far too much of the solution to this teams current problems is being placed on the return of Boatright. He will help no doubt. But we have looked disjointed for 6 games. That's a lot. There appears to be some issues with this team. I don't agree that they needed a brutal loss like this to help them. I think it revealed some larger issues with this team. Chemistry and leadership wise. This is quite simply a very disjointed basketball team right now for whatever reason and I think it's far too simplistic to think the arrival of Boatright solves all of the problems.
Fair points relating to chemistry and leadership. Last year KW was the coach off the court and to a lesser degree the coach on the court. JC will earn his salary this year because the leadership will be solely on his shoulders unless a strong personality emerges on the team. Donny Marshall referenced Boatright this afternoon in this context. JC has his work cut out for him with this group. I love our chances in March.

Reaction Score
He (and Lamb) were awful, but it's worth mentioning the three horrid calls/no-calls against him.

1. The non-call when he was hacked on the 3-point attempt was hilarious.
2. The charge call might have been worse.
3. That phantom foul with just over a minute left when UConn was down 3 was pretty terrible too.

Still, it's tough to win when your only two guards on the roster play the worst they've played in over 8 months.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
watch Boatright get the start tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Just having Boatright in the game to give Napier and Lamb a few minutes rest each half will help a great deal. Napier has had a great start to the season, except for today. Once this team starts to run, it WILL put teams away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom