Napheesa! WNBA Defensive POY! | The Boneyard

Napheesa! WNBA Defensive POY!

Reaction Score
Her defense is the definition of “stats don’t tell all.” You won’t see the defensive screens she sets that lead to her teammates getting a steal or trapping the opponent, you won’t see her ability to force players into tough shots or to just prevent them from getting open. None of that is on the stat sheet. Sure, she blocks and steals, but defense isn’t just about the Boxscore stats. Congrats to Phee, it was a joy to watch you at UCONN all those years back and it’s still a joy to see you now.

Reaction Score
Evidently quite a few LV Aces were not happy with Pheesa's selection. The grapes are sour this time of year due to the heat in LV!
The coach is the definition of what not to do when you're butthurt. "If you have to dive into analytics just to give someone an award..." no ma'am, it's because they realize defense is more than stats. :eek:

Reaction Score
I always thought she was among the best that ever played at UConn. She was a master of flying under the radar which is hard to imagine playing at UConn. I love her demeanor and her outward appreciation for the game. Easily my favorite player from that era of college BB.

Reaction Score
The coach is the definition of what not to do when you're butthurt. "If you have to dive into analytics just to give someone an award..." no ma'am, it's because they realize defense is more than stats. :eek:
Classy!

Reaction Score
as great of a husky as she was, I never thought she'd be a top five player in the wnba. Kudos to her on an amazing career thus far!
Same here. I figured that she would be a decent player in the WNBA, in the mode of a Nicole Powell or Plenette Pierson. A long career, 8-9 points a game, 5 rebounds. Decent numbers. Man, Pheesa is definitely a top 5 player of the WNBA. I hate comparing her to NBA players but on this one, I am going with it. Pheesa reminds me of my Alex English with her game. Smooth and Efficient. Alex would give the Nuggets 30-40 points and make it look like he only put up 10 points. He was that smooth and efficient. That is Pheesa.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought Phee would probably be an All-Star in the W, but didn't see her as #2 in the MVP voting. Anyone who finishes ahead of Stewie is really, really, really good.

There must be something in the water in Jefferson City, MO. Both Maya and Phee were both there, and both are on the short list of players who play(ed) the hardest.

Reaction Score
You were in the majority of the Boneyard. I was in the minority, never any doubt she'd be a great pro. I'm excited that the world is seeing it.
I also always thought she would be greatcin the wnba. A star that is a true team player with an attitude that all players should emulate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom