Napheesa vs Candace | The Boneyard

Napheesa vs Candace

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
This was really fun to see. I have to say, with UConn so post-challenged this past season, I think we really didn't get to see all that Pheesa is capable of because she almost always had to be stuck glued to the paint. Her outside shooting looks very good. Looking forward to seeing a head-turning freshman pro season from her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'd be interested to know when this video was shot, this week or this past summer. I know this is just a small sample of what Pheesa will see shortly on a nightly basis, but if she can drain shots against 6'4" Parker consistently, I think she'll be OK.

It didn't appear either one could stop the other. The deeper into the season she goes, the more comfortable and confident she'll become. Don't be concerned about Collier, she'll be fine. With 2 starters out at the beginning of the season recovering from injuries and Moore out for the year, Lynx head coach Cheryl Reeve has already said Collier will get lots of playing time. ;) Thanks for the video Sluconn.

Last edited by a moderator:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Fun to watch. Would love to see these two match up head to head this season.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Her outside shooting looks very good.

I mean, everybody's outside shooting looks good if you only show the makes...

It will be interesting to see how Minnesota uses her. If the outside game displayed in this video is consistent enough that she can play as a 3, that raises her ceiling as a WNBA player substantially.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Fun to watch. I'm ready for the season to start.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I mean, everybody's outside shooting looks good if you only show the makes...

It will be interesting to see how Minnesota uses her. If the outside game displayed in this video is consistent enough that she can play as a 3, that raises her ceiling as a WNBA player substantially.

I think Napheesa and Jess Shepard will be a really dangerous combination. They're both great passers and both good around the rim. They can both read defenses well and play high/low post and I could see them being effective trading off on the two spots.

I think the two of them are great matches with Cheryl Reeve. I think she'll deploy them well. I still can't believe Minnesota was able to get both of them.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Considering the 3" height difference and experience difference, Phee looks quite good.

Reaction Score
I think Napheesa and Jess Shepard will be a really dangerous combination. They're both great passers and both good around the rim. They can both read defenses well and play high/low post and I could see them being effective trading off on the two spots.

I think the two of them are great matches with Cheryl Reeve. I think she'll deploy them well. I still can't believe Minnesota was able to get both of them.
I bet Sylvia will enjoy having Napheesa and Shepard on her team. Both have range, are good rebounders, and are excellent passers.

Reaction Score
I'd be interested to know when this video was shot, this week or this past summer. I know this is just a small sample of what Pheesa will see shortly on a nightly basis, but if she can drain shots against 6'4" Parker consistently, I think she'll be OK.

It didn't appear either one could stop the other. The deeper into the season she goes, the more comfortable and confident she'll become. Don't be concerned about Collier, she'll be fine. With 2 starters out at the beginning of the season recovering from injuries and Moore out for the year, Lynx head coach Cheryl Reeve has already said Collier will get lots of playing time. ;) Thanks for the video Sluconn.

I’m almost certain this was just filmed, it was just posted to Instagram like yesterday I believe.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

They were elite, intelligent and experienced players performing at the highest level in Division one. If any of the rookies coming into the W will be successful, these two will. They're both "no-nonsense" players that are serious about perfecting their craft. I'm going to take my first post-tournament venture out on a limb and predict that BOTH of these young ladies will have a long and profitable career playing professionally.

They will be highly coveted by teams overseas. It would not surprise me if either or both moved on to coaching or broadcasting after becoming millionaires. ;) We can look back and reminisce years from now to recall how we knew them before they made their first dollar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
TI'm going to take my first post-tournament venture out on a limb and predict that BOTH of these young ladies will have a long and profitable career playing professionally.

I guarantee you're not going out on a limb in the sense of a cartoon character sawing it off while sitting on it. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom