Napheesa Collier on Kobe Bryant | The Boneyard

Napheesa Collier on Kobe Bryant

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
As is often said, every recruit should watch this.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I am constantly amazed at how the young women who join the UConn program as freshmen become so mature, poised and articulate during their four years at the school. Napheesa is a wonderful example. Thank you, Geno and CD.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I really believe it’s Kobe job when Geno retires

I had laid out this scenario 6 months ago when Gigi was a point of discussion. No real response from the BY

I know Kobe said he had no interest in coaching but coaching his daughter and a program he greatly admires is a game changer imho. He has an incredible basketball mind and is a fantastic communicator whos work ethic is beyond question. Anyway, fun to think about.

1576337766720.png

Reaction Score
Kobe doesn’t need a coaching job. It would take too much time away from his entrepreneurship.

Reaction Score
I am constantly amazed at how the young women who join the UConn program as freshmen become so mature, poised and articulate during their four years at the school. Napheesa is a wonderful example. Thank you, Geno and CD.

Are you suggesting that Ms Collier was not mature, poised, and articulate when she arrived in Storrs? Do you have an interview from her freshman year we can use as a benchmark?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Are you suggesting that Ms Collier was not mature, poised, and articulate when she arrived in Storrs? Do you have an interview from her freshman year we can use as a benchmark?

My recollection of Pheesa during her pre-college USA basketball period was that she was already a fantastic and poised player and person. Just ask Dawn Staley,

UConn recruits are almost always quite poised. To accept a UConn scholarship implies you have to already be very strong minded. UConn just has to reinforce what they recruit.

Reaction Score

Was there anything in that post that even intimated that she was immature as a freshman? Not looking to pick a fight, but this kind of stuff is puzzling to me! My reaction to that post was to simply agree that the UConn coaches do a great job with these kids. If they are immature, they become more mature. If they are already mature, they become more mature. The OP doesn’t need an example or any other kind of defense for his/her post because he/she never even hinted that Napheesa was immature. Again, not stirring the pot here but simply observing that this seems to happen a lot on this board. Someone posts something completely positive and complimentary about a player/coach, only to be met with some kind of bristling response that usually (not always) accuses them (the OP) of “disrespecting, putting down, or somehow impugning the player/coach in question. I just don’t get it. Maybe I’m just old!

Reaction Score
Was there anything in that post that even intimated that she was immature as a freshman? Not looking to pick a fight, but this kind of stuff is puzzling to me! My reaction to that post was to simply agree that the UConn coaches do a great job with these kids. If they are immature, they become more mature. If they are already mature, they become more mature. The OP doesn’t need an example or any other kind of defense for his/her post because he/she never even hinted that Napheesa was immature. Again, not stirring the pot here but simply observing that this seems to happen a lot on this board. Someone posts something completely positive and complimentary about a player/coach, only to be met with some kind of bristling response that usually (not always) accuses them (the OP) of “disrespecting, putting down, or somehow impugning the player/coach in question. I just don’t get it. Maybe I’m just old!

Your focus is on mature when I, quite obviously, emphasized articulate. I have little doubt that rbny meant to be positive and complimentary. Sometimes a compliment can be insulting.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I know, like their parents had nothing to do with it... or other players for that matter

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Your focus is on mature when I, quite obviously, emphasized articulate. I have little doubt that rbny meant to be positive and complimentary. Sometimes a compliment can be insulting.
Yup, someone called me a model upstanding citizen... I didn’t like that (seriously). There was no need for it, all because I put the grocery “cart” (or carriage) back in the holding station in the parking lot. smh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom