Napheesa Collier is the biggest bargain in the WNBA right now | The Boneyard

Napheesa Collier is the biggest bargain in the WNBA right now

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier is the biggest bargain in the WNBA right now
Megan Gauer (Her Hoop Stats)

The biggest bargain of all is Napheesa Collier who will earn just $57,000 on her rookie deal for 2020 after it was adjusted up to the minimum salary by the new CBA rules. The reigning Rookie of the Year totaled 5.2 Win Shares for the Lynx in 2019.

Just how much of a bargain is Collier? Well, using those values she delivers 9.12 Win Shares per $100,000 of salary. That is a league-high by over two Win Shares per $100,000.

Reaction Score
Good for Phee.

Just read in the Boston Globe, a young lady from Boston University was #1 in the women's Pro hockey league. The average pay for them is $15k Its more of a regional league and there struggling.

The WNBA has come a long way.

Reaction Score
Liz Cambage is the most overpaid WNBA player. She should return half of the salary back ...

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Liz Cambage is the most overpaid WNBA player. She should return half of the salary back ...

I am not sure if your post was intended to be factual or if it was more hyperbolic (based on Cambage's off-court antics), but if you examine the 2019 Win Shares (not factoring in the 2020 salary, but just the raw win share data from the past season), Elizabeth Cambage ranks 8th in the entire WNBA in Win Shares.

1588356489846.png

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You could write this article about and good player in any pro league still playing on their rookie deal - the economics of professional sports is weighted heavily on rookie pay scale. The salary of Patrick Mahomes for example is less than 34 other NFL QBs meaning he is paid less than at least two back-up QBs.

Reaction Score

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Good for Phee.

Just read in the Boston Globe, a young lady from Boston University was #1 in the women's Pro hockey league. The average pay for them is $15k Its more of a regional league and there struggling.

The WNBA has come a long way.

Is the nhl subsidizing them?

The nba has carried a lot of losses to get here...

Reaction Score
I am not sure if your post was intended to be factual or if it was more hyperbolic (based on Cambage's off-court antics), but if you examine the 2019 Win Shares (not factoring in the 2020 salary, but just the raw win share data from the past season), Elizabeth Cambage ranks 8th in the entire WNBA in Win Shares.

View attachment 53801
Of course I am talking about wins shares/ $100K. Is this the purpose you post this thread and saying Napheesa Collier is the biggest bargain? You forget what your are posting? Or you just ignore the money issue on purposely?

I would like to know how many WNBA players have better wins shares/ $100K than 1.91.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'd still take Cambage, even if its only for a year or two. Instant title contender. I love Collier, but she's no Cambage.

Contender yes. Then she will blow a gasket and her team will suffer (which is aok since it is the Aces :)) when it matters most.

Reaction Score
I'd still take Cambage, even if its only for a year or two. Instant title contender. I love Collier, but she's no Cambage.
Liz Cambage plays only 3 teams in WNBA, Tulsa, Dallas and Las Vegas. She has never helped a team to get a title as far as I know.

Last edited:

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

Of course I am talking about wins shares/ $100K. Is this the purpose you post this thread and saying Napheesa Collier is the biggest bargain? You forget what your are posting? Or you just ignore the money issue on purposely?

I would like to know how many WNBA players have better wins shares/ $100K than 1.91.

Actually, you said that Liz Cambage was the most overpaid person in the WNBA. In my response, I pointed out she was in the top ten in the entire league in Win Shares. It was to demonstrate the on-court production and impact overall.

But even among the top ten players, Liz Cambage is not "the most overpaid" with respect to win shares. If you click on the links that I posted in multiple places in this thread, you will find that information (but will present it here for ease of discussion - see chart below).

1588370821264.png

Reaction Score
Actually, you said that Liz Cambage was the most overpaid person in the WNBA. In my response, I pointed out she was in the top ten in the entire league in Win Shares. It was to demonstrate the on-court production and impact overall.

But even among the top ten players, Liz Cambage is not "the most overpaid" with respect to win shares. If you click on the links that I posted in multiple places in this thread, you will find that information (but will present it here for ease of discussion - see chart below).

View attachment 53817
Answer my original question,
"I would like to know how many WNBA players have better wins shares/ $100K than 1.91. "

How do you think I get this number 1.91"? Of course I read and find from your post.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think Emma Meesseman earned her money during the championship. Mic Drop. :D

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Answer my original question,
"I would like to know how many WNBA players have better wins shares/ $100K than 1.91. "

With all due, @Kaizen (who has apparently blocked me after stating:
Answer my original question, "I would like to know how many WNBA players have better wins shares/ $100K than 1.91. ")

First, that was not your original post. Your original post was, "Liz Cambage is the most overpaid WNBA player. She should return half of the salary back." Your original post made a declarative statement, then you asked me to provide you with the data (which, presumably, was to support your statement -- but it does not, as I will get to later in this post). In my response, I stated, "I pointed out she was in the top ten in the entire league in Win Shares. It was to demonstrate the on-court production and impact overall."

Next, it was your second post contained a question about the number of players better with "wins shares/ $100K than 1.91." As I explained in my response, "If you click on the links that I posted in multiple places in this thread, you will find that information."

Third, your tone is unnecessarily hostile. I was very respectful to you in my responses, but you apparently feel the need to demand that I answer your question. As I repeatedly responded to you, I posted the links for your to find the information in response to your question.

Finally, I am surmising that you have not done so (clicking on the links, ascertaining the data) of your own volition, because your insistence in your most recent response that I do so for you. Once again, for ease of discussion, I will provide information for you.

As with my prior posting of a graph (showing DeWanna Bonner and Emma Meesseman have fewer Win Shares per $100,000 as compared to Cambage, among players who are in the top ten of overall raw Win Shares), there is no support for the statement (from your initial post in this thread) that Liz Cambage is the "most overpaid WNBA player" relative to Win Shares / $100,000.

1588382198083.png

@vowelguy , @CocoHusky , @EricLA , @ucbart

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Liz Cambage plays only 3 teams in WNBA, Tulsa, Dallas and Las Vegas. She has never helped a team to get a title as far as I know.
Yes, she hasn't, she needs a supporting cast. At least you know that :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom