Napheesa Collier Can Leave for the WNBA After Her Junior Year, Will She? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Napheesa Collier Can Leave for the WNBA After Her Junior Year, Will She?

Reaction Score
Isn't her father from an important family or a political figure or something from Sierra Leone? Seems like the type that would push his daughter to be educated first and foremost.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
There's almost no compelling reason to declare for the WNBA draft early, unless you come from an impoverished background and view the $30-40,000 (a little higher for a top 3 pick - around $50k max) you'll make in your first year as big money or you just hate school and the whole college scene. The extra money you'll earn playing overseas will of course sweeten the pot, but unless you are one of the top draft picks, you won't make the really big money. Therefore, I am puzzled why people keep speculating about players declaring early for the draft . There's virtually no reason to.
Jewell Loyd was perhaps one of the few players who made a savvy decision declaring early because it made her the #1 pick, which enables her to earn extra money overseas because of that.

Reaction Score
Her parents aren't in need of money, nor is she. She hasn't (so far) incurred an injury which threatens to shorten her career, and she has seen herself improve exponentially each year. What motivation would she have to leave the best situation she'll see in her basketball career?
$$$$$$

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
$$$$$$
There's almost no compelling reason to declare for the WNBA draft early, unless you come from an impoverished background and view the $30-40,000 (a little higher for a top 3 pick - around $50k max) you'll make in your first year as big money or you just hate school and the whole college scene. The extra money you'll earn playing overseas will of course sweeten the pot, but unless you are one of the top draft picks, you won't make the really big money. Therefore, I am puzzled why people keep speculating about players declaring early for the draft . There's virtually no reason to.
Jewell Loyd was perhaps one of the few players who made a savvy decision declaring early because it made her the #1 pick, which enables her to earn extra money overseas because of that
Friend, you have your answer.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of people just don't realize how much less WNBA players make than the NBA. For men, they are looking at millions to leave early where as in their first year they will make probably more than a WNBA players' career. I think the women really end up needing their degree when the dust settles after a playing career.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of people just don't realize how much less WNBA players make than the NBA. For men, they are looking at millions to leave early where as in their first year they will make probably more than a WNBA players' career. I think the women really end up needing their degree when the dust settles after a playing career.
They can always blow off the stingy WANNA and go get the good $$$$$$.

Reaction Score
Morgan Tuck said she was staying right up until the point that she didn't.
Morgan Tuck had that knee injury, which will possibly shorten her basketball career. It made sense for her to leave and start getting paid for what might be a short career.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Hasn't every one of Geno's scholarship athletes gotten her degree before leaving school? I doubt Pheesa would want to be first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom