Napheesa Collier - AAC Player of the Week | The Boneyard

Napheesa Collier - AAC Player of the Week

Reaction Score
AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Napheesa Collier • So. • F • UCoon

upload_2017-2-28_15-11-36.png

Collier averaged 29.7 points, 10.3 rebounds and 3.3 blocks per game while shooting 80.4-percent (37-of-46) from the field in a 3-0 week for top ranked UConn. The sophomore started the week with a career-high 31 points on 13-of-14 shooting to go along with 13 rebounds, four assists and three blocks in a win over Temple last Wednesday. The win over the Owls clinched the American regular season title for the Huskies. Collier followed that up with a 19-point, six-rebound, three-block effort in the victory over Memphis on Sunday, and scored a career-high 39 points Monday in the Huskies’ regular season finale at USF.

[LINK]

Reaction Score
No disrespect Java man--but---the AAC named Collier Player of the Week--that's a Da=aaaa--who else in the AAC or Uconn(top team) came close to Napheesa, Precious, Collier in numbers and meaningfullness to her team??? Some posters went so far as to call her the Savior of the team!!

Reaction Score
well deserved selection!!! She plays the role the TEAM needs when the TEAM needs it... Final Season's Stats are pretty interesting if you remember Geno's comment a week or so ago... how "comforting it is to know we start the game with 40 points... 20 from Naphessa, and 20 from Lou"... and they end the regular season with 20.4 and 20.7 points per game averages. Both were the "go to player" during stages this season, but this TEAM is a TEAM that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Collier averaged 29.7 points, 10.3 rebounds and 3.3 blocks per game while shooting 80.4-percent (37-of-46) from the field in a 3-0 week for top ranked UConn. The sophomore started the week with a career-high 31 points on 13-of-14 shooting to go along with 13 rebounds, four assists and three blocks in a win over Temple last Wednesday. The win over the Owls clinched the American regular season title for the Huskies. Collier followed that up with a 19-point, six-rebound, three-block effort in the victory over Memphis on Sunday, and scored a career-high 39 points Monday in the Huskies’ regular season finale at USF.

[LINK]

Hey Java, I noticed you were on a brief hiatus last week, we missed you. Glad to see you're back. :cool:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Pheesa may have wrapped up Conference POY with that week.
Can't disagree with you there. If UCONN were allowed ONLY 1 AA, for me it would have to be Napheesa as of today. It's close obviously, and UCONN has other fantastical starters, but IMHO Pheesa is slightly above all of them right now...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
When your coach says a player is the most consistent and efficient player you have and you know what you get every game, other coaches listen and take that very seriously. I imagine those descriptors are the best a coach can make about a player.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Can't disagree with you there. If UCONN were allowed ONLY 1 AA, for me it would have to be Napheesa as of today. It's close obviously, and UCONN has other fantastical starters, but IMHO Pheesa is slightly above all of them right now...
When your coach says a player is the most consistent and efficient player you have and you know what you get every game, other coaches listen and take that very seriously. I imagine those descriptors are the best a coach can make about a player.

Another achievement by Pheesa, albeit unofficial, is her team leadership in Boneyard Badass Awards: 14 in 29 games! (Gabby 12, Lou 11).

Reaction Score
37 for 46. 37 for 46. Again, 37 for 46. Most college players don't go 37 for 46 during warm-ups or in their driveway on Saturday morning.

When you Google her name one of the first suggestions "napheesa collier height. " I think alot of people look up her name to find her height because they can't understand how someone who looks @ 6-1 keeps scoring inside.

Reaction Score
Another achievement by Pheesa, albeit unofficial, is her team leadership in Boneyard Badass Awards: 14 in 29 games! (Gabby 12, Lou 11).
That's the order I would rank them for Huskies POY. Another piece of evidence one might look at is how each performed in games they did NOT win a Badass award. My sense is that Napheesa would be #1 followed by Gabby, then KLS.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
These are the leading shooters in the nation:

6'3" Brionna Jones, .690

6'1" Napheesa Collier, .686

6'7" Kalani Brown, .673

6'4" Alaina Coates, .670

Pheesa should finish at or near the top nationally.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I needed a nap. A long nap! And already I have one eye open. ;) :)

As I have said before, you're the man. You submit/post so much news and information relative to UConn and WCBB here, that when you take leave of us, even for a moment, you're missed.
Not to mention your distinctively unique observations from time to time. Rest up Javaman, because we're about ready to rev this thing up into high gear for the final ascent to the top of the mountain where the championship trophy now sets...............waiting to be claimed by whosoever will. We need all hands on deck. This is going to be a group effort. Our girls are going to need all of the support they can get. UConn Women's Basketball - Pure poetry in motion. :cool:

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score

That fact alone should be enough to give her the edge in a close vote.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Pheesa is slightly above all of them right now...
upload_2017-3-2_12-46-55.png
Maybe its the angle or Lou's bun, but I'm not seeing it.

Carnac

Reaction Score

[LINK]

AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE PLAYER OF THE WEEK. Tomorrow morning, you can change the "week" in that sentence to "Year".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom