Nancy Mulkey Commits to Oklahoma | The Boneyard

Nancy Mulkey Commits to Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
6'9" Post from Texas took her official this past weekend I believe and now has given her pledge to Sherri Coale and the Sooners.

HGN

Reaction Score
I like this pledge for Coach Coale....Mulkey could have a great career in the Big 12. And I hope she does. I wish her and Oklahoma well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Sherri. After their run to the NC game with Stacey Dales, etc, I really thought Oklahoma was setting themselves up to be a perennial elite 8 team, but they pretty much fell off the face of the earth. I wonder why they weren't able to sustain consistency going forward - it just goes to show how hard it is and how amazing what UCONN has accomplished is...

Reaction Score
Baylor just got a verbal from #10 in the class of 2016, a guard/PG i never heard of.

Reaction Score
I think that's a good fit for both parties. Mulkey might have been a gamble or project for a UConn type program, but at Oklahoma she'll be a vital player. Sherri had a skinny 6'6" kid named Griffin from Wisconsin I believe in recent years who was ranked just in the top 100, but Sherri did a good job developing her. Not surprised she left Texas because I think the powerhouses in state are really focused on Joyner and Cox.

Reaction Score
The Baylor verbal is supposed to be a good player.

Oklahoma now has 2016 verbals from Mulkey and former USA U16 teammate Chelsea Dungee (5'9", W, #28 by PN).

Then from 2017 they have an early verbal from 6'0", G, #8 by PN Ana Llanusa from in state. Ana Llanusa was ranked #2 behind Megan Walker before the most recent update.

Sherri seems to have some solid momentum toward getting back to Final 4 territory.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Congrats to Sherri. After their run to the NC game with Stacey Dales, etc, I really thought Oklahoma was setting themselves up to be a perennial elite 8 team, but they pretty much fell off the face of the earth. I wonder why they weren't able to sustain consistency going forward - it just goes to show how hard it is and how amazing what UCONN has accomplished is...
Maybe players were intimidated by the hair.... :)

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
She is easy to love- I've always liked her! And she always is straight up when She talks about UConn- heck , Geno is the reason Ok hired her.

Reaction Score
I absolutely love Sherri Coale.. Awesome pick up for her. I would love to see a 6'9" at UCONN thought... lol. I cannot wait to see if this girl has what it takes to rain holy heck on Baylor as Baylor did when they had Griner.

Reaction Score
The Baylor verbal is supposed to be a good player.

Oklahoma now has 2016 verbals from Mulkey and former USA U16 teammate Chelsea Dungee (5'9", W, #28 by PN).

Then from 2017 they have an early verbal from 6'0", G, #8 by PN Ana Llanusa from in state. Ana Llanusa was ranked #2 behind Megan Walker before the most recent update.

Sherri seems to have some solid momentum toward getting back to Final 4 territory.

When Rebecca led the '95 Champs there were a handful of elite players... seems like they're pouring out of the woodwork today.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I absolutely love Sherri Coale.. Awesome pick up for her. I would love to see a 6'9" at UCONN thought... lol. I cannot wait to see if this girl has what it takes to rain holy heck on Baylor as Baylor did when they had Griner.

Mulkey is light years behind what BG was at that age. I may be proven wrong, but I just don't see her developing into a top notch player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom