Nancy Lieberman watch list announced--Dangerfield included | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nancy Lieberman watch list announced--Dangerfield included

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don't they choose the winner of those awards before the late rounds of the tourney?
I am sure that is correct, although I’m not certain exactly when the cutoff is for voting. For a number of these national awards, voters are permitted to cast votes after the regional championships are decided. The Lieberman Award is presented on the 1st Wednesday following the FF by the Rotary Club of Detroit.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Don't they choose the winner of those awards before the late rounds of the tourney?
That’s a good point. Most announcements come out during or shortly after the Final Four, but voting often concludes after the conference tourneys, before the Big Dance even starts.

Reaction Score
I'm excited to see Destiny Slocum "unveiled" in the Orange & Black. OSU not having a "true" PG with speed and the ball handling of a Destiny Slocum makes this an interesting opportunity for how Slocum can change OSU. There is quite a "buzz" around OSU, given that OSU has all their 3-point sharp shooters back, and a PG who I believe is going to have every opportunity to rack up assists. If Slocum learned how to play defense in all the OSU practices last year, Destiny will be a spark plug for OSU. This summer, I heard Coach Rueck state "Destiny was the best OSU player in our practices last year". That should tell you something.

Reaction Score
Remember last season Crystal Dangerfield was talked up for AA as she was scoring and dishing, then her shin splints took over her game!
If she can stay injury/sickness free she'll be a finalist for the award! She's the top or 2nd best PG in WCBB!

Reaction Score
Ionescu will win this easily...she’s great & her system (much like Plum) puts the ball in her hands the entire game. She’s my front runner to win NPOY because of this.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ionescu will win this easily...she’s great & her system (much like Plum) puts the ball in her hands the entire game. She’s my front runner to win NPOY because of this.
I think Sabrina is the pre-season leader, but I want to see Lou make a run at it (NPOY).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom