Naming rights | The Boneyard

Naming rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
So, it would appear that, since we are between seasons, there is little on the board as far as news or anything else to get excited about. Unless something comes up soon, I'm going to have to go back to work and get something done here. And we all know that we can't have that now, can we?

So...with Calhoun to retire in the next several years, and the records that he and Geno have amassed, and now that we are breaking ground on the practice facility, what do we do with naming rights? Does it become the Calhoun Court and the Auriemma Practice Facility? Or vice versa? or the Calhoun/Auriemma Court and name the practice facility after a big donor? Or the Jim and Geno Practice Center?

What say you?

Reaction Score
My understanding is that there will be no practice facility naming right.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
My understanding is that there will be no practice facility naming right.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Money can change that in a minute. If somebody says I'll give 10 million to have my name on the building, suddenly the policy will change.

I would rather have statues for the coaches and sell the rights for the court name. United Technologies Court has a nice ring.

Reaction Score
Calhoun's name should be used over Geno's in anything the university decides too do thats basketball related.

Reaction Score
I want them to honor Johnny Selvie in some way, Johnny time court has a nice ring to it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The JIMnasium and the GENOtorium. :rolleyes:

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Perhaps we can resell the rights to Gampel. How much could we get for the Trojan Conn-Dome?

What size would 9,000 seats be categorized as? Far from magnum, of course. Would suck if we were categorized as SMALL.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The obvious choice is
The Boneyard Family Pratice Facility
I'll submit my semi-annual suggestion about naming Gampel. Call the court Hall of Fame Court, leaving the name of Gampel as is and rename Hillside Road as "Calhoun's Way" and Alumni Drive as Auriema Avenue.
Picture the obligatory ESPN shot of the two street signs as the announcer says "We're here at Hall of Fame Court in Gampel Pavilion at the corner of Calhoun's Way and Auriema Avenue in Storrs Connecticut" Great way to memorialize the great basketball tradition at the school. The one downside is that the Boneyard Practice facility would be located on Auriema Ave., but Calhoun's Way includes the Student Union, the old fieldhouse, the Math/Science building, McMahon, etc. Fair trade off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom