• Javonte Brown

• Andre Jackson

• Matt Garry

• Andrew Hurley

Results are only viewable after voting.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Martin a 6’6’ shooting guard. Hurley has a lot of guys and only so many minutes.
I think Martin ends up playing the three for us. We are definitely going be running guard heavy sets.

Reaction Score
I just rewatched Martin’s highlight videos. He shoots with soft touch, great rebounding, moves around rim, great floaters. Talent wise he maybe deserves to start.

CL82

Reaction Score
Who the hell voted for Matt Garry?
1601911385386.png

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
To start the season:

RJ
Bouk
Martin
Whaley
Carlton

This will undoubtedly change before the end of the year as incoming players acclimate and others return to 100% from injury.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I voted for Cole, Bouk, Martin, Whaley, Josh. It is possible that on day 1, Polley starts over Martin due to senior status.

I don't expect anybody but Bouk to log much over 20 minutes. There is just too much depth, and not much separation. I am sure Hurley has a SE grin when he thinks about the variety of lineups he can throw out, especially if Akok comes back. I think too many here aren't thinking about defense. Dan is going to prioritize defense.

C It will be interesting to see how much freshman Sanogo can push slimmer senior Josh. Whaley can play here a bit when we go small, or perhaps with Springs at the 4 so they can switch 4-5 defensive roles. Javonte Brown Ferguson garbage time minutes.

PG Cole and Gaff, by the end of the year Gaff is going to be solid. Maybe pushing to start. Adams in deep reserve (or Jackson?).

SG. Bouk is the one guy far better than anybody else for this spot. Gaff and Adams can chip in a bit. Maybe even Jackson.

SF. Toughest spot on the team to pick. Polley a senior who was just "getting it" when he got hurt. Which Polley will we see? Martin and experienced player with ideal size, who shoots and can crash the boards. Jackson, the athlete who can handle and distribute. I expect him to start slow and then come on. Adams getting some time here too when we need his D.

PF. Whaley, Springs, Akok when healthy. Polley or Martin if we are behind and need 3s. Akok is the most talented, but who knows what he can give us and when. If either Polley or Jackson locks down the SF spot, and Akok isn't back, then Martin could get a longer look here.

Reaction Score
I voted for Cole, Bouk, Martin, Whaley, Josh. It is possible that on day 1, Polley starts over Martin due to senior status.

I don't expect anybody but Bouk to log much over 20 minutes. There is just too much depth, and not much separation. I am sure Hurley has a SE grin when he thinks about the variety of lineups he can throw out, especially if Akok comes back. I think too many here aren't thinking about defense. Dan is going to prioritize defense.

C It will be interesting to see how much freshman Sanogo can push slimmer senior Josh. Whaley can play here a bit when we go small, or perhaps with Springs at the 4 so they can switch 4-5 defensive roles. Javonte Brown Ferguson garbage time minutes.

PG Cole and Gaff, by the end of the year Gaff is going to be solid. Maybe pushing to start. Adams in deep reserve (or Jackson?).

SG. Bouk is the one guy far better than anybody else for this spot. Gaff and Adams can chip in a bit. Maybe even Jackson.

SF. Toughest spot on the team to pick. Polley a senior who was just "getting it" when he got hurt. Which Polley will we see? Martin and experienced player with ideal size, who shoots and can crash the boards. Jackson, the athlete who can handle and distribute. I expect him to start slow and then come on. Adams getting some time here too when we need his D.

PF. Whaley, Springs, Akok when healthy. Polley or Martin if we are behind and need 3s. Akok is the most talented, but who knows what he can give us and when. If either Polley or Jackson locks down the SF spot, and Akok isn't back, then Martin could get a longer look here.

Agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but remember that Tyrese is not known as a shooter like Polley. He averaged around 32% his sophomore year. Which is not TERRIBLE, but also not someone I'd consider a shooter. For that reason (and his strength being tremendous), I'd expect some minutes for him at PF

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I just don't see IW and JC playing together alot with how Hurley likes to play.

CL82

Reaction Score
Agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but remember that Tyrese is not known as a shooter like Polley. He averaged around 32% his sophomore year. Which is not TERRIBLE, but also not someone I'd consider a shooter. For that reason (and his strength being tremendous), I'd expect some minutes for him at PF
Unless things have changed from last year, I don't expect to see Whaley and Carlton on the floor together much. Neither are big scoring threats so that allow defenders to lay off of them. They'll both see minutes, but not much together.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Completely fair. I don't know how much he will improve as a shooter. He may well get a lot of minutes at the 4, especially of Polley or Jackson have played their way into the lineup. The one scenario I don't expect (that some here do) is that Bouk plays at the SF spot often in a 3 guard lineup. Maybe with Adams at SF in a 3 guard lineup. I don't expect much Cole, Gaff, Bouk. This team is loaded with big depth and not much guard depth.

Reaction Score
With talented two deep roster this year I don’t see any need or want for Hurley playing anyone out of their natural position. Why play small ball when you can play talented bigs at the 3 and 4?

That said, you play Bouk at the 2 guard spot, not the 3. Adams backs up Bouk.

PG is between Cole and Gaffney, Go with Gaff over the shorter Cole.

SF is between Polley, Martin and Jackson. Go with Martin.

PF is between Polley, Whaley, Sanago. Go with Whaley.

Center between Carlton, Sanago. Go with Carlton.

Reaction Score
With talented two deep roster this year I don’t see any need or want for Hurley playing anyone out of their natural position. Why play small ball when you can play talented bigs at the 3 and 4?

That said, you play Bouk at the 2 guard spot, not the 3. Adams backs up Bouk.

PG is between Cole and Gaffney, Go with Gaff over the shorter Cole.

SF is between Polley, Martin and Jackson. Go with Martin.

PF is between Polley, Whaley, Sanago. Go with Whaley.

Center between Carlton, Sanago. Go with Carlton.
Because playing "small ball" (and I use that hesitantly because Martin and Polley aren't even really small to be at the 4) isn't a decision based on a lack of talent, but because it maximizes the talent of our players

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Unless things have changed from last year, I don't expect to see Whaley and Carlton on the floor together much. Neither are big scoring threats so that allow defenders to lay off of them. They'll both see minutes, but not much together.

I agree you won't see both on the floor together, but I consider Whaley to have become a bit of a scoring threat. He definitely showed a face up game and ability to score off offensive rebounds. I expect somewhere around 12 and 8 for Whaley this year.

Reaction Score
Maybe this will finally stop the insane arguments about Hurley not viewing Polley as a 4

Reaction Score
Maybe this will finally stop the insane arguments about Hurley not viewing Polley as a 4
liberal definition of insanity given Hurley didnt always used to view him as a 4

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom