Name me one thing that you would implement that would dramatically increase our chances of winning | The Boneyard

Name me one thing that you would implement that would dramatically increase our chances of winning

Reaction Score
Has to be reasonable considering its March.

My one thing is for Sanogo to 'immediately pass out of double/triple teams, hopefully finding the cutter or open man. That would surprise every opponent and of course lead to unchallenged shots.

Reaction Score
I don't think we need to implement anything new at all. The pieces are already there (including Sanogo's passing). March is always a matter of execution and choosing the right strategy at the right time. We are capable of looking like the best team in the country when we make good decisions, and like a 10-seed when we don't. Choosing the best strategy has not been a strength of this team's or this coach historically in the post-season. An elite ballhandler would make me much more comfortable vs. Pitino's press, but that isn't going to happen.

We're much bigger and more talented, but Pitino is as close to the pantheon of coaches as you will get. Should be a really fun game.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
More backdoor cuts for Hawkins and screens going towards the rim. Everyone knows he’s looking to get open for three. Make them pay by setting it up, and then getting some action towards the rim.

Reaction Score
Play aggressive perimeter defense, force TOs, and get some easy points over TOs. This team gets in trouble when it settles in the half court game on both ends

Reaction Score
Balance, grasshopper, balance. Play the inside outside game and don't just be throwing up 3s early in the shot clock.

Reaction Score
More backdoor cuts for Hawkins and screens going towards the rim. Everyone knows he’s looking to get open for three. Make them pay by setting it up, and then getting some action towards the rim.

Good points. Would like see them try and drive the lane more as well as tighten up the perimeter D against the 3 pt shot. I can see teams having a pt circus against us unless we're more aggressive on the perimeter

Reaction Score
I'd like to get more loose balls. This is hard to quantify as I don't know our numbers in loose ball recovery but it seems like we will cause the havoc that leads to the bad dribble or errant pass, the other team will recover and after the scramble we will be out of position for their inevitable 2 or open 3. This is a tough one because it usually follows good uconn defense.
Also happens with rebounds off opponent missed 3's: we will have AS, AK, and AJ cleared out under the basket and they will either fight amongst themselves for what would be an easy board, or the ball will clang and clear the key right into a waiting opponents hands. FRUSTRATING.

Reaction Score
Yeah, boxing it out has been a problem. Even when the opponents make threes, you see our guys lose position and would have not gotten the rebounds if the shots hadn't gone in. Need to be much better.

Reaction Score
We play 6 on 5 and the opponents rim gets raised to 20ft. I would implement those changes. You asked....

Reaction Score
I like the idea of also doing whatever we can to wear them down. They don't seem to be very deep. When our second unit is in we should try some Full Court press with Clingan back to prevent any fast break layups. Jackson almost plays better when it's a free for all and he can block other players shots.

Reaction Score
I'd like to get more loose balls. This is hard to quantify as I don't know our numbers in loose ball recovery but it seems like we will cause the havoc that leads to the bad dribble or errant pass, the other team will recover and after the scramble we will be out of position for their inevitable 2 or open 3. This is a tough one because it usually follows good uconn defense.
Also happens with rebounds off opponent missed 3's: we will have AS, AK, and AJ cleared out under the basket and they will either fight amongst themselves for what would be an easy board, or the ball will clang and clear the key right into a waiting opponents hands. FRUSTRATING.
It is shocking how rarely we’re the first team to get to the floor when the ball is loose. All season long.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom