Naismith Semi Finalist Released | The Boneyard

Naismith Semi Finalist Released

Reaction Score
Conference. Meg would be on the list had she played better against Baylor, Oregon and SC.

Yeah, but are you saying that player like Harris, or even Boston is having a better overall year than MW. I did not look up the stats for the other players on that list but I am pretty sure I can say the same thing about them as well. Bogus list IMO, not that MW had any chance of winning it, but to not even make the top 10 list is BS.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but are you saying that player like Harris, or even Boston is having a better overall year than MW. I did not look up the stats for the other players on that list but I am pretty sure I can say the same thing about them as well. Bogus list IMO, not that MW had any chance of winning it, but to not even make the top 10 list is BS.
Walker is consistent against the sisters of the poor. Had she shown up in UConn's losses, she would be on the list. Her numbers are inflated IMO. Harris and Boston are on the top team, and have had big games against their best competition. Their stats aren't as gaudy as Walker's but they deserve their spot on the list.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

The reality is that Meg had 3 chances on national TV against 3 elite teams to make the case that she belonged on this list. She didn't make her case in any of the games. She didn't shoot that well against Tennessee either.

Meg has done a lot of good things this year and now she has a chance in March to show that she is among the best players in the country.

BTW, I'm not saying that I agree with this list. I haven't all of these players closely.

Reaction Score
One of Meg's best games this year was a 26-point, 13-rebound effort against Notre Dame. Unfortunately for Meg, Notre Dame was one of the sisters this season.

I am pretty sure you can find really bad games this season by Boston and Harris as well, even against bad teams.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If Boston is a generational player, what does that make Ayoka Lee? She is averaging a double, double and she does not have as much talent around her. Just mo.

Reaction Score
All from P5 schools, right?????

1583276601116.png

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
When Napheesa wasn't on the list of finalists last year, it told me everything I needed to know about what the committee now wants to see in this award -- flashy and P5.

Until UConn goes undefeated again (at least in the regular season), I don't see a Husky winning the Naismith.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I would have replaced Satou Sabally with NaLyssa Smith.

Based on what? Sabally is a more versatile player and does more things better than Smith (like shooting 3's and getting assists--look at their stats side by side). Not even close. And Oregon played a much tougher schedule than Baylor.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
All awards go to Sabrina this year.

I afraid I’ll have to agree with you based on her accomplishments this year, as well as the 3 preceding years. The 2-1-1 mark that she surpassed this year was the clincher. Who had a better year than Ionescu?

Reaction Score
MWs numbers are so inflated by the horrendous conference we play in. I think she is gravely over rated

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Walker was likely one of the last ones left off. I'd imagine Dangerfield was in the mix too. Hard to say who either deserves to beat out though.

At the end of the day I dont think anyone remembers who was/wasnt a finalist. People remember the POY winner (which Sabrina has locked up) and AA honors. Both Walker/Dangerfield should contend for AA.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
To the victor go the spoils. The list contains 6 players who were victorious against UConn and 3 others who were key players in significant upsets. We had no significant victories this year. It just goes to show that awards are won when the lights are bright.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom