Naismith Coach of the Year Finalists | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Naismith Coach of the Year Finalists

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This is a stupid auto correct thing that started happening yesterday. Why in the world are you unable to type Gon zaga in this forum?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This is a stupid auto correct thing that started happening yesterday. Why in the world are you unable to type Gon zaga in this forum?

It was funnier when I thought it was the autocorrect on Dillon's phone that did that. I guess it's one of the mods' idea of a joke?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

It was funnier when I thought it was the autocorrect on Dillon's phone that did that. I guess it's one of the mods' idea of a joke?

Interesting. I actually typed this on my office PC and just assumed I spaced out. But, lo and behold, I hit "edit" and my John Stockton-instincts on "Gonzaga" were correct. So something on this board is having fun....(besides I really don't like cheese....)

JS

Reaction Score
I guess it's one of the mods' idea of a joke?
Nope. The keep-it-clean software is sometimes hard to fathom.

The references and connotations it sees prove it has a really dirty mind -- occasionally beyond the ken of ordinary vulgar folk.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's Vic's year to win. 32-1, undefeated regular season, and swept a very good SEC without a top 20 recruit on the roster. That's COY right there.

Several other coaches have done a great job this year. I'm a hard critic of her, but Mulkey has done an outstanding job. Great development of both posts and Wallace, not to mention she's done a terrific job bringing the freshmen along. Easily could be undefeated if not for Cox being out one game.
I agree with you about Mulkey. There isn't a player on her roster who isn't markedly better than last year, and her freshmen became major contributors over the course of the season.

Reaction Score
What Muffet believes is besides the point I am making. The ACC awards votes have honored both Hines-Allen and Durr as Player of the Year. So Louisville has two PoYs and ND has none. And Walz gets CoY for finishing with the same record as ND?

Remember the ACC honors were announced before the ACC tournament.

You also suggest that having the POY is more important than having the most talented 5 players. Do you actually believe that? I'd like to see you rank the 10 starters. That's a better measure of who you think is more talented than just the opinions of the ACC coaches who are no better a source than MM, whose opinion you reject as meaningless.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
You also suggest that having the POY is more important than having the most talented 5 players. Do you actually believe that? I'd like to see you rank the 10 starters. That's a better measure of who you think is more talented than just the opinions of the ACC coaches who are no better a source than MM, whose opinion you reject as meaningless.

I didn't say Muffet's opinion is meaningless. I said it was beside the point I was making, which was solely about the ACC awards given by the media.

The question of who actually has better players is completely different. I haven't watched enough of Louisville to fairly judge their players, which I'm sure sounds like a cop out but is the truth.

Overall, I think their teams are roughly at the same talent level. All of Louisville's rotation players were highly-ranked recruits, except Arica Carter who was a little further down the top 100.

Reaction Score
I didn't say Muffet's opinion is meaningless. I said it was beside the point I was making, which was solely about the ACC awards given by the media.

The question of who actually has better players is completely different. I haven't watched enough of Louisville to fairly judge their players, which I'm sure sounds like a cop out but is the truth.

Overall, I think their teams are roughly at the same talent level. All of Louisville's rotation players were highly-ranked recruits, except Arica Carter who was a little further down the top 100.

That's fair. I look at it this way. Coming into this season the Irish had won both the regular season titles and the ACC tournament titles for 4 years, as much as UConn has in the AAC. In those 4 years they lost only 2 conference games, including the tournament. Now, in their 5th year Louisville beats them to tie for the title. I think it would be odd if the ACC media, tired of seeing one team dominate for so long, didn't vote Walz COY for slaying the dragon.

Not only didn't I see Louisville much this season but also the Irish so I can't say who is more deserving but I think that when it came time to vote the media looked more at who the Irish still had on the court than who they didn't have .

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Very impressive quartet. I believe, among them, they boast 12 national championships. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom