Nah'Shon "Bones" Hyland (Former UConn 2020 target) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nah'Shon "Bones" Hyland (Former UConn 2020 target)

Reaction Score
They’ve got Saint Louis and Davidson coming up on their schedule before the conf tourney. Very possible they go 0-2 and in doing so puts them out of the tourney. Bones will be leaving for the draft. Stinks for VCU fans.

Reaction Score
Did some digging and Bones Hyland leads the A-10 in BPR - combined offense and defense. Averaging 2 steals a game. Nice player.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Did some digging and Bones Hyland leads the A-10 in BPR - combined offense and defense. Averaging 2 steals a game. Nice player.

Cole/bones was a debate here.

It seems clear who won that discussion now

Reaction Score
Cole/bones was a debate here.

It seems clear who won that discussion now
Not exactly.

Still comparing Big East numbers to A-10 number + being given the keys to the offense for 3+ years. Would Hyland get that at UConn?

Would Diggins/Hawkins/Floyd sign if Hyland is here over Cole?

Too many variables to say it's a clear case.

the Q

Reaction Score
Not exactly.

Still comparing Big East numbers to A-10 number + being given the keys to the offense for 3+ years. Would Hyland get that at UConn?

The latter part is fair.

And I agree it’s not line for like. But Cole absolutely had the keys to the offense.

Btw I’m seeing bones projected in the top 40 of this years NBA draft. So he may not be the impediment that you think (but that is still up in the air)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not exactly.

No offense, but Bones would clearly be our second best player. He's on some draft boards, and we really need someone with his scoring aptitude. I wouldnt be worried about future recruiting when we haven't made the tournament in a minute.

Reaction Score
Not exactly.

Watch them and physically it’s no comparison. Size, quickness, ability to create shot. Playmaker on both sides of the ball.

Role player vs playmaker

Every team needs role players but imagine Bones and Bouk - two terrific shot makers that can unclog/ get the offense going.

the Q

Reaction Score
No offense, but Bones would clearly be our second best player. He's on some draft boards, and we really need someone with his scoring aptitude. I wouldnt be worried about future recruiting when we haven't made the tournament in a minute.

Don’t have to worry about him blocking someone if he left early this year, for sure. And he’s good enough to do so.

Watch them and physically it’s no comparison. Size, quickness, ability to create shot. Playmaker on both sides of the ball.

Role player vs playmaker

Every team needs role players but imagine Bones and Bouk - two terrific shot makers that can unclog/ get the offense going.

Cole is a fine first guard off the bench on a good team. But he’s a little stretched starting here right now

Reaction Score
Bones averages 2 assists per game. He’s not a PG even though he was recruited as one. He would DEFINITELY make this team better. But comparing him to Cole or Gaff is apples to oranges

Reaction Score
Bones averages 2 assists per game. He’s not a PG even though he was recruited as one. He would DEFINITELY make this team better. But comparing him to Cole or Gaff is apples to oranges

Cole doesn't play his best as a PG either, though he's definitely a better passer than Bones. IDK if Gaffney is much of any position at this point other than a body on the floor--he needs help mentally.

Reaction Score
Well Bones made his 1st game back but seems to have aggravated that foot injury. Was limping out there and needed to take a timeout after throwing an alley-oop from beyond the arc.

Also Cole>Bones

Reaction Score
Well Bones made his 1st game back but seems to have aggravated that foot injury. Was limping out there and needed to take a timeout after throwing an alley-oop from beyond the arc.

Also Cole>Bones
He's back. VCU was 1-2 in games where Bones either didn't play or got injured. Keep that in mind when you make your brackets (if VCU gets in. VCU up 16 over Dayton with 6 to go.

On edit, he's limping with 2 minutes to go, but his other leg.

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I was HIGH on this kid coming out of high school. I think I made like half the posts in his thread. I’m not surprised by this at all. He was unstoppable with WeR1. Interesting that he and Bouk both suffered knee injuries their junior year before their last aau circuit run and were under-recruited because of it. Scouts thought enough of them to not drop them in the rankings while they were sidelined. I think there’s a lot of value in injured top 100 kids and less competition for them.

Reaction Score
Ok so, let's just say Gaffney and Bouknight don't commit. This kid and Kofi do. Is everyone still wishing we had them instead?
let’s just say bouknight doesn’t commit. but pluto is still a planet. is everyone still wishing we had him instead?

Reaction Score
Have to take the best player willing to commit. Pure 100% buy-in from the get go trumps all else in my opinion as long as the caliber of player is roughly the same.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom