TV: NBA TV, NESN+, NBC Sports Washington

League Pass:

Game page:

ESPN Gamecast:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I will say...

KML isn’t struggling to get up and down the floor, she’s just not fast. I was sort of expecting her to be super out of shape, based on a couple of comments I’ve read about her fitness levels.

Was her speed something I just ignored when she was at UConn because she was scoring so much? I feel like I feed to go back and watch some of her games...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
KML looking better in 2Q. Had one 3pt made taken away so only 1-2 and her miss was on line but short.

Reaction Score
52-48 CON at the half

Bonner 17 pts, 4 reb, 4 ast
AThomas 17 pts, 8 reb

Powers 13 pts, 1 reb

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think the shooting in the WNBA is better than previous years. Scores higher? Maybe better shooting background and less jitters without crowd?

Reaction Score
I think the shooting in the WNBA is better than previous years. Scores higher? Maybe better shooting background and less jitters without crowd?
Probably due to the rest most players had with their short seasons in Europe or Asia?

Reaction Score
Looks like Bonner is hobbled again after that last drive. She called for a timeout.

Reaction Score
94-89 WAS final

Powers 27 pts, 4 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl

Looks like Hines-Allen’s last game wasn’t a fluke. She had 16 pts, 8 reb, 3 stl.

Bonner 29 pts, 9 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl

Reaction Score
I think the most surprising thing is Meesseman hasn’t really dominated yet in the scoring department at least & the Mystics have done well. What’s going on with Hawkins though? Is she injured or something?

Reaction Score
Hawkins hurt herself in the first quarter of the opener. So the Mystics are down to 9 players. Meesseman seem to be a little out of sync right now. On one play she totally faked out Brionna Jones and had a layup on the right side of the basket. Then she decided to pass the ball and got a turnover. Playoff Meesseman would have made the layup.

Reaction Score
Hawkins hurt herself in the first quarter of the opener. So the Mystics are down to 9 players. Meesseman seem to be a little out of sync right now. On one play she totally faked out Brionna Jones and had a layup on the right side of the basket. Then she decided to pass the ball and got a turnover. Playoff Meesseman would have made the layup.
Oh ok I was wondering what was going on. I haven’t watched the games yet on my DVR. Glad to see Hines-Allen flourishing in her new role but I just assumed Hawkins would get the nod based on last year’s production. Maybe Hines-Allen came back much improved & jumped over Hawkins on the depth chart. Nonetheless when Hawkins returns she should be the first big off the bench & can hopefully produce like Hamby did last year as 6th woman of the year!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I will say...

KML isn’t struggling to get up and down the floor, she’s just not fast. I was sort of expecting her to be super out of shape, based on a couple of comments I’ve read about her fitness levels.

Was her speed something I just ignored when she was at UConn because she was scoring so much? I feel like I feed to go back and watch some of her games...

First, as a UConn fan and Sun season ticket member no one wants KML to succeed more than me. But the fact is that she's a 5-ish ppg player for her career, so expectations can't be too high. To my eye, she does not look to be in very good playing shape and is demonstrably a liability on D. She is currently shooting 20% from the field and 11% from 3. This is not a good start for her. That said, if she can just get to her career averages (40/34) she would be a net-positive on the court.

I don't know what Curt Miller was seeing in practice that kept Jacki Gemelos on the bench for the first game and seven-eighths, but she has to have earned a longer look last night. Admittedly, I'm basing this on a tiny sample size, but if the goal is to stretch the D, Jacki seems capable of doing that better than KML, at least right now.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what Gemelos can do on the floor, KML is one of the worst defenders in the league. She would have to shoot lights out every night to justify even putting her on the floor. I don't know what this coach was thnking. Someone should tell him that the team doesn't have to fill the stands with Uconn fans this season. KML was a perfect fit for the system at Uconn but not for the WNBA. She has been getting progressively worse on defense each successive year. I am not just basing this perspective on these last two games, but her entire career in the pro's.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Regardless of what Gemelos can do on the floor, KLM is one of the worst defenders in the league. She would have to shoot lights out every night to justify even putting her on the floor. I don't know what this coach was thnking. Someone should tell him that the team doesn't have to fill the stands with Uconn fans this season. KLM was a perfect fit for the system at Uconn but not for the WNBA. She has been getting progressively worse on defense each successive year. I am not just basing this perspective on these last two games, but her entire career in the pro's.
KML please

Reaction Score
Washington keeps this up, they may decide they don't need EDD.
It just shows how good of a coach Thibault is! Getting the best out of his players who buy into the space & space system.

Reaction Score
Man do the Sun miss Jonquel Jones. Alyssa Thomas & Dewanna Bonner cannot do everything.

Reaction Score
Man do the Sun miss Jonquel Jones. Alyssa Thomas & Dewanna Bonner cannot do everything.
& Courtney Williams, they don’t have a guard who can replace that reliable mid-range jumper, 3-pointer, quickness & superb rebounding.

Reaction Score
& Courtney Williams, they don’t have a guard who can replace that reliable mid-range jumper, 3-pointer, quickness & superb rebounding.

That's true too. I think we can forget another championship run this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom