Mystics @ Fever - 7/14/17 | The Boneyard

Mystics @ Fever - 7/14/17

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Washington leads by 20, despite only 3 minutes from Elena. Is she hurt?

Indiana is sliding into Chicago Sky territory.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I was checking the scores of the WNBA games, and Washington Mystics are beating Indiana Fever, but the stats show Della Donne only played 3 minutes. Do anyone know what happened?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Washington leads by 20, despite only 3 minutes from Elena. Is she hurt?

Indiana is sliding into Chicago Sky territory.
I think Indiana is going to be pretty bad for the foreseeable future. They have no Catch to elevate the team, and no real elite players at all. There's no way 1 or even 2 drafts will help them that much. They would be better off sucking big time like SA did in order to nab players like Jefferson and McBride. Even then, SA seems to be heading for the lottery and from their perspective, hopefully a #1 pick, but I don't see Indiana heading anywhere favorable any time soon...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Indiana is going to be pretty bad for the foreseeable future. They have no Catch to elevate the team, and no real elite players at all. There's no way 1 or even 2 drafts will help them that much. They would be better off sucking big time like SA did in order to nab players like Jefferson and McBride. Even then, SA seems to be heading for the lottery and from their perspective, hopefully a #1 pick, but I don't see Indiana heading anywhere favorable any time soon...
Indiana has a bunch of decent players but no stud. I agree that they are missing an alpha player and will struggle to make the playoffs.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Who is the GM for Seattle... and why did they let Krystal Thomas go with nothing in return :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Reaction Score
Who is the GM for Seattle... and why did they let Krystal Thomas go with nothing in return :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thomas signed an offer sheet from WAS and SEA never matched it. They were betting on Carolyn Swords.

Reaction Score
I was checking the scores of the WNBA games, and Washington Mystics are beating Indiana Fever, but the stats show Della Donne only played 3 minutes. Do anyone know what happened?

Looked like a sprained ankle. But she's in a walking boot, so maybe it's worse.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Thomas signed an offer sheet from WAS and SEA never matched it. They were betting on Carolyn Swords.

They should have matched.... but I am biased :p Glad to see she is doing well this season in DC

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Washington shot 38% in the win. Indiana shot 27%. Not pretty.

Reaction Score
Washington shot 38% in the win. Indiana shot 27%. Not pretty.

I watched the game to see if Hamson got to play much.

Indy couldn't hit anything. They tried 3s and missed those and tried to drive but DC was playing good defense. Dupree wasn't hitting her shots even though I've always thought she was a pretty good shooter. Mitchell was trying to drive and was ineffective. Wheeler kept taking long jumpers and missing them. Gwathney tried an out of control drive and hurt herself. Achonwa was pretty ineffective playing center- they need to make her a power forward with Hamson in the middle. 6'7" vs 6'1"?

They have the makings of a nice team. January as a scoring guard- Wheeler as a point guard- Achonwa as power forward and Hamson as center. Mitchell, Larkins and Dupree can fill in as the small forward.

Hamson just needs time to acclimate to the team and learn how to work with them. They have to go out of their way to accommodate her though. Not many centers with her size that are as talented as she is.

It's up to Pokey to get it together. She let Fowles slip away so she shouldn't let Hamson do the same.

BTW- I'm free to give a helping hand, Pokey.

Reaction Score
Looked like a sprained ankle. But she's in a walking boot, so maybe it's worse.
She stepped on a DC player's foot as she was bringing the ball up court. Hopefully it's just a sprain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom