Myrtle Beach Bowl Travel/Hotels/Food/Things to Do Recommendations. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Myrtle Beach Bowl Travel/Hotels/Food/Things to Do Recommendations.

Reaction Score
That's a great package of events for fans to get together and build up some alumni and fan relations.
Right next to Callie Baker's is Bimini's, a terrific southern seafood joint.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not really. Anything that might have had minor damage is long since fully restored. There are NO issues with businesses around the Marshwalk.

Good to know. I go with a group of guys every year in March for a weeklong golf trip. We hang by that area.
One of our guys was there in November and said there were still some businesses boarded and work which needed done.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FWIW, the BB watch party in Charlotte was a blast. I'm on the Sunday plane so I won't be able to hit this one.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Don't bother with the oysters (our local Blue Points are much better)

Eat the shrimp (mmmmm, fresh never frozen shrimp)

Reaction Score
FWIW, the BB watch party in Charlotte was a blast. I'm on the Sunday plane so I won't be able to hit this one.
I was hoping to meet you at the watch party. Tailgate or the game hopefully.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was hoping to meet you at the watch party. Tailgate or the game hopefully.
We're coming to the tailgate. I'll wear my Tilley hat. Keeps the sun off my bald spot.

Reaction Score
More updates:

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17

UConn Men’s Basketball vs. Butler Game Watch

7 p.m. | Calli Bakers Firehouse Bar & Grill

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18

Myrtle Beach Bowl Pep Rally

4 p.m. | The Hangout
  • Performances from UConn Band & Cheer
  • Hear from Head Coach Jim Mora
  • Food and drink specials from 2-8 p.m.
  • Buses will run from the UConn hotel to The Hangout
UConn Fan Welcome Gathering
6-7 p.m. | Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
  • Gather with fellow fans and receive one ticket for a free drink

MONDAY, DECEMBER 19

Team Send-Off
11 a.m. | Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort– West Lawn
  • Cheer on the team as they depart for the game

Pregame Tailgate

12-2 p.m. | Patterson Field
  • Get ready for gameday with fellow Husky fans
  • BBQ, drinks, music & fun

Fan Fest​

1 p.m. | Brooks Stadium

UConn vs. Marshall​

2:30 p.m. | Brooks Stadium

Updated…

Reaction Score
Very excited about the bowl game. I will be there with a group of 7 others. Although I have gone to many away games this is my first bowl game experience. I hope we get a good turnout.

Wondering for people who are traveling are you planning to go to all the Uconn planned events? The only thing I know for certain is we will be at game (and watching hoops against Butler and FSU somewhere) as my crew usually is not great at advance planning for anything. Most of us are driving down so have some tailgate gear even though we may end up at the sponsored tailgate. We are also playing golf Saturday and Sunday morning.

Was just curious on what people have planned and when they are coming in etc.

Also when does the team leave for the trip?

Reaction Score
Very excited about the bowl game. I will be there with a group of 7 others. Although I have gone to many away games this is my first bowl game experience. I hope we get a good turnout.

Wondering for people who are traveling are you planning to go to all the Uconn planned events? The only thing I know for certain is we will be at game (and watching hoops against Butler and FSU somewhere) as my crew usually is not great at advance planning for anything. Most of us are driving down so have some tailgate gear even though we may end up at the sponsored tailgate. We are also playing golf Saturday and Sunday morning.

I am the only one going from my season ticket tailgate group. It will be just me and my wife. We are coming in Sunday AM leaving Tuesday evening and not staying at the UConn hotel. I am renting a car and planning to attend the Pep Rally on Sunday and the Alumni Tailgate on Monday (and of course the game) but not sure what else if anything.

I have never been to Myrtle Beach or a UConn Bowl so this will be somewhat of an exploration / see how things go type experience.

Reaction Score

Leaving in the morning, driving. Basketball @ Callie Bakers, Tailgate and the game. Other than that, it's a wide open schedule. Staying until the 22nd.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ferris Wheel means there's Skee Ball nearby!

Reaction Score
I'll be heading to Myrtle Beach area for the first time, and I don't drink, so I was wondering if anybody has any non-bar recs. I know there's lots of golf stuff but I don't actually know HOW to golf really? I guess a lesson could be a thing?

Curious about any good hikes/nature stuff around, sounds like there's a ton of mini-golf courses around also.
Unlucky for me I had to come up to Ct for the holidays I live in Murrells Inlet. For a hike get lost in brookgreen garden on rte17 a little north of pawleys island You could spend a couple of days there so google it beforehand. It’s closed at night during their light spectacular sold out since October Besides all the drinking the marshwalk has good restaurants and views but limited parking at night
Good luck on 501 out to Conway. It’s a parking lot at times

Reaction Score

Pregame Tailgate

12-2 p.m. | Patterson Field
  • Get ready for gameday with fellow Husky fans
  • BBQ, drinks, music & fun
I just went to register for the tailgate and it says online registration is closed. Does anyone know how I can still register for this?

Also, it would have been nice for them to share the deadline if there was one.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I just went to register for the tailgate and it says online registration is closed. Does anyone know how I can still register for this?

Also, it would have been nice for them to share the deadline if there was one.
It's sold out.

Reaction Score
It's sold out.
Really? Wow. That is crap. There was no indication of space being limited or a deadline. In fact the Twitter post says “Registration is requested” which implies not even needed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Really? Wow. That is crap. There was no indication of space being limited or a deadline. In fact the Twitter post says “Registration is requested” which implies not even needed.

Just show up and when they ask to see your ticket start fumbling with your phone and act all weirded out why your phone isn't working.
If you're over 30 years old you'll get in.

Reaction Score
The MBB was requested registration, but the tailgate was required. Just do what @Chin Diesel said. If that doesn't work, I'll throw a sandwich over whatever keeps you out...

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
They hit they caterers limit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom