Myrtle Beach Bowl Travel/Hotels/Food/Things to Do Recommendations. | The Boneyard

Myrtle Beach Bowl Travel/Hotels/Food/Things to Do Recommendations.

Reaction Score
Is anyone aware of any plans for Uconn fans to gather at any nearby bar for pregame? It appears that there are a few spots nearby (the closest being about .9 miles).

Reaction Score
Is anyone aware of any plans for Uconn fans to gather at any nearby bar for pregame? It appears that there are a few spots nearby (the closest being about .9 miles).

There are quite a few bars between CCU and MB on Rt 501, plus a few on Rt 544. Note that traffic especially on 501 can be pretty bad. Places I'd recommend are Grumpy Monk and Walk On's, but there are plenty of others. If someone wanted to try to organize something (I'm not volunteering), finding something on a Monday afternoon shouldn't be all that difficult.

Reaction Score
Good spots in general:
  • Broadway at the Beach in central MB has The Hangout, Hard Rock, Dave and Buster's and a lot more
  • Barefoot Landing in North MB has House of Blues, Crooked Hammock Brewing, Dick's Last Resort and a lot more
  • In central MB, Shucker's is a solid oyster "dive"
  • Between MB and North MB, Bimini's Oyster Bar is terrific
  • To the south in Murrell's Inlet is the Marshwalk with a lot of good restaurants; Dead Dog has live music just about every night
  • To the north is the Little River waterfront with Crab Catcher's, Key West Crazy and other good restaurants
  • There are a number of good Italian restaurants (Crave, Ciao, Lombardo's) in MB on North King's Hwy north from 48th Ave North
  • A good site for tee times is MyrtleBeachGolf.com

Reaction Score
Alumni association sent out an email yesterday for a $25 tailgate package next to the stadium from noon to 2pm.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good spots in general:
  • Broadway at the Beach in central MB has The Hangout, Hard Rock, Dave and Buster's and a lot more
  • Barefoot Landing in North MB has House of Blues, Crooked Hammock Brewing, Dick's Last Resort and a lot more
  • In central MB, Shucker's is a solid oyster "dive"
  • Between MB and North MB, Bimini's Oyster Bar is terrific
  • To the south in Murrell's Inlet is the Marshwalk with a lot of good restaurants; Dead Dog has live music just about every night
  • To the north is the Little River waterfront with Crab Catcher's, Key West Crazy and other good restaurants
  • There are a number of good Italian restaurants (Crave, Ciao, Lombardo's) in MB on North King's Hwy north from 48th Ave North
  • A good site for tee times is MyrtleBeachGolf.com

Make sure you have up to date info on stuff around Murrell's Inlet and Marshwalk. That area took some heavy damage from the remnants of Hurricane Ian.

Reaction Score
Updated from the UConn Myrtle Beach Bowl site

EVENTS

Saturday, Dec. 17

UConn MBB vs. Butler Game Watch
7:00 p.m. | TBA

Sunday, Dec. 18

Myrtle Beach Bowl Pep Rally
4:00 p.m. | The Hangout

Monday, Dec. 19

UConn Alumni Tailgate
12:00 p.m. | Brooks Stadium
Fan Fest
1:00 p.m. | Brooks Stadium
UConn vs. Marshall
2:30 p.m. | Brooks Stadium

More updates:

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17

UConn Men’s Basketball vs. Butler Game Watch

7 p.m. | Calli Bakers Firehouse Bar & Grill

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18

4 p.m. | The Hangout
  • Performances from UConn Band & Cheer
  • Hear from Head Coach Jim Mora
  • Food and drink specials from 2-8 p.m.
  • Buses will run from the UConn hotel to The Hangout
UConn Fan Welcome Gathering
6-7 p.m. | Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
  • Gather with fellow fans and receive one ticket for a free drink

MONDAY, DECEMBER 19

Team Send-Off
11 a.m. | Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort– West Lawn
  • Cheer on the team as they depart for the game

Pregame Tailgate

12-2 p.m. | Patterson Field
  • Get ready for gameday with fellow Husky fans
  • BBQ, drinks, music & fun

Fan Fest​

1 p.m. | Brooks Stadium

UConn vs. Marshall​

Reaction Score
More updates:

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18

4 p.m. | The Hangout

MONDAY, DECEMBER 19

Team Send-Off

Pregame Tailgate

Fan Fest​

1 p.m. | Brooks Stadium

UConn vs. Marshall​

The bartender at Calli Baker’s Firehouse Bar & Grill (Rick) is from CT and a huge UCONN fan. He is pumped to have UCONN fans for the basketball game Saturday night. He is an awesome dude and will quickly become your favorite bartender!

Rick is going to the football game as well, so let him know of any pregame festivities!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
More updates:

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18

4 p.m. | The Hangout

MONDAY, DECEMBER 19

Team Send-Off

Pregame Tailgate

Fan Fest​

1 p.m. | Brooks Stadium

UConn vs. Marshall​

That's a great package of events for fans to get together and build up some alumni and fan relations.

Reaction Score
I'll be heading to Myrtle Beach area for the first time, and I don't drink, so I was wondering if anybody has any non-bar recs. I know there's lots of golf stuff but I don't actually know HOW to golf really? I guess a lesson could be a thing?

Curious about any good hikes/nature stuff around, sounds like there's a ton of mini-golf courses around also.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll be heading to Myrtle Beach area for the first time, and I don't drink, so I was wondering if anybody has any non-bar recs. I know there's lots of golf stuff but I don't actually know HOW to golf really? I guess a lesson could be a thing?

Curious about any good hikes/nature stuff around, sounds like there's a ton of mini-golf courses around also.

A golf lesson may be fun.

If you want to do any outdoor activities check out the national wildlife refugees and state parks. Not going to have too many hills but there's interesting stuff to see in the marshes and flat lands. Added bonus of no mosquitoes or no see ums this time of year.

And then there's the miles of beaches. A couple of miles walking on the beach rarely leaves a person in a worse mood than when they started.

Reaction Score

Even though the MBB game is at a bar/restaurant, it should be a good place to spend a little time and get a meal.

Reaction Score
Just ordered tickets. Not much left. Asked me if I wanted parking or tailgate. Tried. Link just kind of dead ended.

Any big Tailgates? Would contribute of course.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Just ordered tickets. Not much left. Asked me if I wanted parking or tailgate. Tried. Link just kind of dead ended.

Any big Tailgates? Would contribute of course.

Reaction Score
If it's like other southern beach communities, go carts, miniature golf and bungee swings should abound.

Reaction Score
Make sure you have up to date info on stuff around Murrell's Inlet and Marshwalk. That area took some heavy damage from the remnants of Hurricane Ian.

Not really. Anything that might have had minor damage is long since fully restored. There are NO issues with businesses around the Marshwalk.

Reaction Score
If it's like other southern beach communities, go carts, miniature golf and bungee swings should abound.
Yes, all of that. More mini golf than you can imagine plus around 80 full courses and Top Golf.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeiiowing

Top Bottom