Myles Powell suing Seton Hall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Myles Powell suing Seton Hall

Reaction Score
Nah, that’s definitely messed up. I just look at is as duties owed, duties breached, resulting damages.
If 1 & 2 are true, it’s EXTREMELY unfortunate. But he’s drastically over exaggerating what it cost him IMO.
100% agree

Reaction Score
You have to wonder if him pursuing this lawsuit will damage his career. Honestly, I don't really doubt that he was injured and told to just play through it, or misled. That's an aspect of high level sports that is all too common. It's not right, and if it did happen he deserves compensation for it happening. That doesn't mean that pursuing compensation won't damage his career prospects. Will NBA teams, or teams in Europe look at this and say, "nope don't want that guy." Who knows?

When I was in high school I had tendinitis in my knee. It hurt like heck and my club coach just kept telling me the only solution was to just play through it and it would eventually go away. Eventually it just hurt too much to play and I went to a doctor and got physical therapy. I was out for a couple of months, but afterwards I was back to new again. Coaches just want their players out there playing, they don't always think about what is best for the athlete in these circumstances.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Sounds like KO was advising Powell on how to torch a relationship.

Reaction Score
You have to wonder if him pursuing this lawsuit will damage his career. Honestly, I don't really doubt that he was injured and told to just play through it, or misled. That's an aspect of high level sports that is all too common. It's not right, and if it did happen he deserves compensation for it happening. That doesn't mean that pursuing compensation won't damage his career prospects. Will NBA teams, or teams in Europe look at this and say, "nope don't want that guy." Who knows?

When I was in high school I had tendinitis in my knee. It hurt like heck and my club coach just kept telling me the only solution was to just play through it and it would eventually go away. Eventually it just hurt too much to play and I went to a doctor and got physical therapy. I was out for a couple of months, but afterwards I was back to new again. Coaches just want their players out there playing, they don't always think about what is best for the athlete in these circumstances.
I don't think that's how it is with most high level sports at all, coaches want their players healthy limiting risk of future injury and at the college basketball level there's often a really close relationship between coach and player, sometimes a father son type relationship which Powell always said he had with Willard...

The allegations in the filing document just don't line up and don't jive with the things Powell said to the press and on his own twitter during the season. Willard is known for being cautious playing his players, Powell convinced Willard he was ready to go for the Michigan State game...

Powell was great after the injury and was first team all-American and Big East POY. He signed 10 day NBA contracts the season after Seton Hall and played great in the G League (no failed physicals or surgeries to my knowledge.) He just isn't the surefire NBA talent he thought he was.

Reaction Score
There have been 3 Seniors taken in the lottery since 2015 Kaminsky, Cam Johnson & Tauren Prince.
Miles is an undersized 2 Guard who anyone here would have taken in a heartbeat. It’s not bashing the guy though to say his NBA draft Lotto dreams are far fetched.

The fact that people interpret people saying someone’s one of the greatest college players in their schools history, just maybe not an NBA fit & automatically assume that to be a diss is also what’s wrong with athletics today. Miles as received tons of roses, just maybe not the ones he wanted.
Nah I get what he was implying, people jumped in this thread and just automatically dismissed and threw shots at Powell like they were anywhere near the program, let’s see how this plays out because this happens OFTEN

Reaction Score
we'll never lose a NJ recruiting battle to SH that's for sure

Reaction Score

Did he or did he not know he was playing on a torn meniscus when he made that statement? If, and its a big if, Seton Hall concealed an injury from Powell that he played on, how can anyone fault him for being upset? College sports fanatics are a deranged lot, ya'll love your college athletes broke and busted and always side with the faction making millions no matter what, a true bootlicker mentality.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nah I get what he was implying, people jumped in this thread and just automatically dismissed and threw shots at Powell like they were anywhere near the program, let’s see how this plays out because this happens OFTEN
Mmm, I think people mostly "took shots" at a sketchy complaint which has some dubious claims, multiple assumptions that will be challenging to prove and obvious errors in it.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Did he or did he not know he was playing on a torn meniscus when he made that statement? If, and its a big if, Seton Hall concealed an injury from Powell that he played on, how can anyone fault him for being upset? College sports fanatics are a deranged lot, ya'll love your college athletes broke and busted and always side with the faction making millions no matter what, a true bootlicker mentality.
If they concealed an injury and let him play he has everyone to sue them into the ground, regardless of whether or not people on the boneyard think he had NBA potential.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It would be very devious of Seton Hall and Willard to outright lie to a player about an injury. I have a hard time believing that.

If it's proven they did straight up lie to him then I think the entire staff needs to be let go; my Hall friends feel the same too.

Reaction Score
Was Myles Powell ever supposed to be a lottery pick? Did Myles Powell career end? Is Tony Testa an MD? Was Tony Testa the one who cleared him to play? Was Kevin Willard planning to sit Powell out against Michigan State and Powell convinced him he was 100% ready to go?

We don't know everything that went on behind the scenes but there's things in the filing document which are alleged that we seem to know the veracity of and other things which don't make sense and need to be clarified.

Was he misdiagnosed? Possibly. Who was the person- Tony Testa or Dr. Anthony Festa? Did that person know he had a torn meniscus and not tell Myles Powell what it was and was Willard in on it? Possible but seems highly unlikely...

My guess is the allegations in the filing document aren't even directed at the right person. If they meant Dr. Anthony Festa which I would think it has to be since he would be the one looking at the imaging to know it's a torn meniscus...we would have to believe a highly respected Orthopod saw on film that Powell had a meniscus tear, didn't have Powell in his office to show him the tear, told Willard about it and Willard also hid it from Powell. If it was Tony Testa who is not a MD he couldn't possibly know Powell had a meniscus tear. If Powell never saw Dr. Festa and relied on Tony Testa who thought it was just a bone bruise then that would be a mistake/misdiagnosis which is certainly way different than Testa and Willard knowing he had a meniscus tear and withholding it from Powell which the document alleges.

How is it bootlicking to point out things in the filing which don't make sense and are inaccurate?

Reaction Score
Maybe… didn’t seem to be a typical Boneyard bashing. 1 guy said he wasn’t good enough (followed it up saying he could have an excellent overseas career) & 1 person said he wanted money.

I found this to be one of those full moon occasions where the boneyard actually seemed rather logical in the assessment.

Reaction Score
I guess this means he's out of SH ring of honor and alumni charity game invite consideration now.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom