Reaction Score
My dollars to your donuts:
Regular season starters:
1 Paige
2 Azzi
3 CW
4 Aaliyah
5 Olivia
Hey Doggie, I might take that bet in early November, but not in June. It’s plausible, but let me get back to you. :cool: Their first game is over 4 months away. A lot can happen between now and then.

Reaction Score
Hey Doggie, I might take that bet in early November, but not in June. It’s plausible, but let me get back to you. :cool: Their first game is over 4 months away. A lot can happen between now and then.
Noted

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Wow, talk about having time on your hands and not using it with fore thought! IMHO a healthy Evina starts on opening day! The only other "sure thing" is that a healthy Paige starts. My prayer is that we have a 100% healthy team on opening day and throughout the season but "stuff" happens and it happens in mind boggling ways.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My dollars to your donuts:
Regular season starters:
1 Paige
2 Azzi
3 CW
4 Aaliyah
5 Olivia
Just to be clear, you are predicting that these are the starters for our first game?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Got to agree with @Topsail. specially for November. By January a starting 5 may be more fluid and by late February the starting 5 will be locked in and all roles will be defined. I'm looking for Nika and Aaliyah to start early, but can imagine the electricity the both bring off the bench. High pressure situations, you can bet on E to be in the mix. Unless Liv demonstrates a more powerful presence, Dorka can move her out of her role. So much versatility and so far to go. It's going to be a great year and a record breaking year for the Boneyard!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wow, talk about having time on your hands and not using it with fore thought! IMHO a healthy Evina starts on opening day! The only other "sure thing" is that a healthy Paige starts. My prayer is that we have a 100% healthy team on opening day and throughout the season but "stuff" happens and it happens in mind boggling ways.
That’s what I’m thinking!!! You’ve got 7 players vying for 5 starting spots. Someone is coming off the bench here. Geno is going to start his best 5 players. It’s rare that a starter from the previous year loses their starter role the next.

Are last year’s starters “guaranteed” a starter spot again this season, or do they have to EARN it year by year? Geno has more options now than he had this time last year. IMHO, he’s got 2 new incoming players (Azzi and Dorka) that are capable of starting. Do they in fact start, or come off the bench? If they do, who sits?

Post edit - it is understood (by me) without saying that starting lineups can change from game to game. I think everyone here in the yard understands that. The starting lineup that I will guess Geno sends onto the floor for the first non-exhibition game will be for that game. Remember he pulled Saniya Chong and Kiah Stokes out of the starting lineup after the Sanford game in 2014 (the 2nd game) and replaced then with Kia Nurse and Morgan Tuck.

He can start the same 5 for the first 2 months, then make changes going into the regular season based on play and production during the OOC portion of the schedule. There’s no way anyone can predict who those 5 will be at this time. That’s 6 months from now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I think there will be a dynamic starting lineup for a while. Lots of weapons at Geno's disposal. May take some experimentation to lock it down. It could also change just based on the opponent (or if Geno is experimenting.) So, nobody is right.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Got to agree with @Topsail. specially for November. By January a starting 5 may be more fluid and by late February the starting 5 will be locked in and all roles will be defined. I'm looking for Nika and Aaliyah to start early, but can imagine the electricity the both bring off the bench. High pressure situations, you can bet on E to be in the mix. Unless Liv demonstrates a more powerful presence, Dorka can move her out of her role. So much versatility and so far to go. It's going to be a great year and a record breaking year for the Boneyard!
Yeah, but it's going to be a pain for me doing the Prognosticator's Predictions for each game. There will be scores that will blow the minds of others. I can see it now, trying to figure out who is closest to an exact score for the first game of the season and the Battle for Atlantis (BfA). With 3 games in 3 days and without playing Oregon or South Carolina in the BfA, I don't see any of the other teams getting within 30 points of UConn. Buffalo, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Syracuse, and USF are all cream puffs compared to the other two in the tournament. I see UConn scoring 100+ points in all three games. There is no team in the Big East that will give UConn any challenges and the only team that has a chance of beating UConn in the regular season, in my opinion, is South Carolina. This year UConn may just break the all time largest margin of vistory record of 108 points set by Baylor's win over Winthrop in 2016. The only difference is UConn won't be playing a team that had a Massey rating of 340+ at the time.

Reaction Score
Predicting who will start is nice, but no one actually knows what Geno is thinking!

Reaction Score
I highly doubt Geno is thinking about who to start at this point. And that's a pretty safe bet.
Correct. Only Geno, Carnac and I know what he is thinking and starters isn’t it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom