My UConn-Oregon observations | The Boneyard

My UConn-Oregon observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I got to see my first in-person game in 19 years. It was great!! My wife, who does not enjoy basketball and whose birthday it was, agreed to go with me. So, here are my thoughts:

1. MoJeff is a player. I was amazed how good she is as a freshman. We both voted her the MEP (Most Entertaining Player) for the game.

2. The Oregon floor is not a hideous as it appears on TV. The arena itself was first class. We were able to park in the attached parking structure for only $10.00.

3. It's amazing how quietly KML quietly scores a ton of points. It you had asked me at the end of the game for her point total, I would have guessed 12-13.

4. Morgan looked a little "mechanical" in her play but shows great promise.

5. Heather looked great but didn't shoot even when she was open.

6. As noted elsewhere, CD had an wonderful game. I was especially impressed by her shot.

7. Stewart seemed lost at times and overall did not have a good game. Even her shot did not look good.

8. I was surprised how trim and fit Stefanie was. On streaming, she looks very stocky.

9. BB had a very good game. She looks like a better player in person than she does on streaming.

All in all, it was a great experience.

Reaction Score
I got to see my first in-person game in 19 years. It was great!! My wife, who does not enjoy basketball and whose birthday it was, agreed to go with me. So, here are my thoughts:

1. MoJeff is a player. I was amazed how good she is as a freshman. We both voted her the MEP (Most Entertaining Player) for the game.

2. The Oregon floor is not a hideous as it appears on TV. The arena itself was first class. We were able to park in the attached parking structure for only $10.00.

3. It's amazing how quietly KML quietly scores a ton of points. It you had asked me at the end of the game for her point total, I would have guessed 12-13.

4. Morgan looked a little "mechanical" in her play but shows great promise.

5. Heather looked great but didn't shoot even when she was open.

6. As noted elsewhere, CD had an wonderful game. I was especially impressed by her shot.

7. Stewart seemed lost at times and overall did not have a good game. Even her shot did not look good.

8. I was surprised how trim and fit Stefanie was. On streaming, she looks very stocky.

9. BB had a very good game. She looks like a better player in person than she does on streaming.

All in all, it was a great experience.
They are fun to watch in person aren't they? Can't argue with your observations but...
2. The floor is ugly. What was the rational for that design.
3. Tuck looked good to me. She will be a star.
5. Heather is Hearther. She doesn't shoot.
7. Agree, and this is worrisome.

Reaction Score
I believe that the floor was designed by a fung shui expert. It was supposed to look like the view from the ground up through the forest canopy to the heavens. The building was built in memorium to Matt Knight who was NIKE founder Phil Knight's son. He died unexpectedly in a scuba diving accident

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
They are fun to watch in person aren't they? Can't argue with your observations but...
2. The floor is ugly. What was the rational for that design.
3. Tuck looked good to me. She will be a star.
5. Heather is Hearther. She doesn't shoot.
7. Agree, and this is worrisome.

Well, Oregon is extremely green, and Eugene is full of evergreens, so Phil wanted the court to reflect that. I think it looks pretty awesome, but I'm a Duck so I may be biased. Seems like only those who don't go to Oregon or aren't Oregon fans dislike it

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
19 YEARS! Wow, Kait, how time flies. It doesn't seem like that long ago that you were one of the "stars" of the Boneyard. Your youthful perspectives were always interesting, and often wise.

It is great to have you back in the Boneyard universe.

Too bad Kiah Stokes wasn't playing. She is a wonderful athlete and lots of fun to watch.

Happy New Year to you. (And a Happy Birthday (78) to me in just 100 minutes.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Olde Coach!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

I confess my initial impression was not positive, it looked like there was some fungus on the floor. Once I realized what it was, I liked it. I think it is very distinctive. I wonder if it affects play - of so, it would be more of a distraction to first time visitors.

Reaction Score
19 YEARS! Wow, Kait, how time flies. It doesn't seem like that long ago that you were one of the "stars" of the Boneyard. Your youthful perspectives were always interesting, and often wise.

Too bad Kiah Stokes wasn't playing. She is a wonderful athlete and lots of fun to watch.

Happy Birthday, Olde Coach!

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score

Happy Birthday, Olde Coach! Celebrating my 77th today. Getting old isn't really all that bad, is it?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Happy birthday to two of my favorite old codgers. Blessings to both of you.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Special birthday wishes to an Olde Cardinal. (Sorry folks.... an inside joke).

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday, Olde Coach! Celebrating my 77th today. Getting old isn't really all that bad, is it?

Pres Reagan once said " growing old isn't bad when you consider the alternative". .

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Happy Birthday you two - hope you have a wonderful day and year!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes it is. But maybe I won't think so when I get as old as you guys (if I make it that long).

Happy Birthday guys.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Happy Birthday, OC. It's always good to hear your views. Apparently Saniya read your treatise on free throw shooting. :)

Happy Birthday, Grizz.

You guys are still young!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Coach.
With the Jay pass now including Burke, we ski there several times a week
and the new high-speed is quite grand.
Hope to finally catch up this season,
Just a few years behind
MSF

Status