My toes are still numb. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My toes are still numb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm finally better. But now I have to go run a 5K this morning in howling wind. Ugh. At least I have box seats at Foxboro today.

Reaction Score
Looked brutal on TV. Props to everyone who went. I did not go myself as I blew my ACL earlier in the week doing something a 40+ should not try on the pitch. Walking from the parking lot and then going down the stairs was simply not on my agenda this weekend. If I did go, no way would my kids (under 10) would have made it through.

Great win for the Huskies. One step forward.
Some poor kid in 202, his parents brought him to the game after his FB game (was wearing FB pants and cleats) they had to walk him out at half time, he looked like he was suffering from hypothermia. The combination of rain, cold, and wind was that bad.

Reaction Score
I need to get some rain gear. I have all the gear I need to go to Lambeau in 0 degrees but 40 and raining is no bueno.

Reaction Score
What if you were there yesterday, the USF monsoon, USF snow storm, and Louisville rain storm?

I missed the snow storm, but yesterday was much, much more difficult than the other two. The 07 games against USF and LV were both much, much warmer. It rained more intenseley those days, but it wasn't also on the verge of a freezing wind chill. Yesterday was brutally uncomfortable.

Reaction Score
We played many games in the past in similar wind and cloudy, damp cold. The actual steady rain to go with it was a new experience and it drove virtually everybody except a select few and the guys on the actual playing surface and sidelines to seek that basic human survival need of shelter. I don't think I've ever seen so many people so happy to be in the men's toilets at a stadium before.

Reaction Score
ZOOCONN said:
I second that, instantly regretted not wearing mine

I could have saved myself alot of suffering if I had just bought some rain gear.

I still think the USF game a few years back was worse as far as weather.

Reaction Score
What if you were there yesterday, the USF monsoon, USF snow storm, and Louisville rain storm?
Check, check and check. I would also add last years Memphis game but I left early for that one.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Bad weather also includes the other end of the spectrum. Lsst year's Memphis game just required layers. I'll take that over Stony Brook any day of the week.

Reaction Score
We played many games in the past in similar wind and cloudy, damp cold. The actual steady rain to go with it was a new experience and it drove virtually everybody except a select few and the guys on the actual playing surface and sidelines to seek that basic human survival need of shelter. I don't think I've ever seen so many people so happy to be in the men's toilets at a stadium before.

The only sports experience that I felt was similar was game 3 of the 2004 ALCS at Fenway. It was about 40 degrees and misting the entire night. That was the game the Sox lost 19-8 before running the table in heroic fashion, but it was so brutally miserable (and I go to Lambeau every year - so cold is more than just temperature) we couldn't stay - my wife was in tears before we got back to the Sheraton. And yesterday was MUCH worse, given the volume of the rain.

Reaction Score
I could have saved myself alot of suffering if I had just bought some rain gear.

I still think the USF game a few years back was worse as far as weather.

I don't think it is even close. I think it is personal choice, but yesterday was misery that I will never forget. I don't even remember the USF game for weather.

Reaction Score
It was funny seeing some UCF fans trying to buy winter gear at the Husky merchandise stand. The only thing available for them was a hoodie and a hat. One guy offered me $20 for my gloves.

As for me, I lost all feeling below my eyebrows at half. I forgot my rain suit and paid the price of wet balls for most of the game.

Reaction Score
I usually never use the heated seats in my car, but I couldn't turn them on quick enough after the game yesterday. To me, yesterday was worse than the Memphis game last year or the Cincy game two years ago. Next time, I won't forget the poncho!

Reaction Score
I don't think it is even close. I think it is personal choice, but yesterday was misery that I will never forget. I don't even remember the USF game for weather.
The USF game was by far the most miserable conditions imaginable. It was like the Arctic circle - high winds, snow, night game. Almost everyone in the stadium left. Can't believe that kick went through . . . .

Reaction Score
Announced attendance was 28k and change, just read in the sunday paper. Kind of what I figured. It's possible that many people game through the gates at one point or another based on what I saw, and we've been consistent with reporting actual counts as attendance figures.

Not everybody stayed, and after 4 hours, it was down to counting by the dozens or less in each section, of people that hadn't been driven to seek some form of shelter.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
All you really need is a decent poncho. It keep you as dry as you can expect and you can wear what ever you need for the cold under it. I know I look ridiculous but I don't care.

Reaction Score
As I sit down to type, feet under the desk, socks wrapped, my toes are still numb. Everything else has come back. Not bad for a guy my age. For the real old timers I saw today? Best wishes. Hope you feel warm. Should have just doubled up on the wooly's in the boots and I'd be fine now.
Carl hats off to you and others that stuck around in the brutal cold and rain to support this team to a great victory. I applaud all of you!

Reaction Score
All you really need is a decent poncho. It keep you as dry as you can expect and you can wear what ever you need for the cold under it. I know I look ridiculous but I don't care.

Exactly. Vast majority of people were simply not prepared for wet weather. Cold yes, not wet, I think. Boy scouts 101. Be prepared.

Reaction Score
Carl Spackler said:
Exactly. Vast majority of people were simply not prepared for wet weather. Cold yes, not wet, I think. Boy scouts 101. Be prepared.

Weather forecast really didn't predict a steady rain either.

Reaction Score
I had on 3 T-shirts, a long sleeve T and a UConn windbreaker to go with a poncho. Right before I left the van I threw on a pullover sweatshirt from work I had in the vehicle and thank God. At halftime I was shivering so I stood up and moved to get warm and kept it up most of the second half. Lower arms, lower legs and sneakers were wet. Before the game met a UCF fan who asked how cold the stadium gets. I told him to put everything on he brought, buy a poncho and then warned him to bring something to sit on due to the aluminium seats. He said they had a small blanket but they also had a toddler. Just a rough weather day for all involved. Still am surprised by the amount of fans that show up with nothing to sit on to prevent the benches from sucking the heat right out of your body. Some fans were trying to sit on the front lip of the benches as they held water yesterday as well.

Reaction Score
After the game I asked one of our players if he sensed that UCF was reacting badly to the weather. He said "Oh yeah, they definately didn't want to be out there." That's been the MO of all the Florida teams we've faced in the cold and damp. It was so miserable yesterday my wife spent some time in the ladies room which she said was jammed full of shivering women--lol. She finally gave up at the end of 3rd Q and went back to sit in the warmth of the car, leaving my two cousins and I to gut it out till the end. Here's the good news. When I got back to the tailgate and opened the door of our warm, dry and toasty car---there she was listening to the WTIC post game. I call that a win-win.

Reaction Score
After the game I asked one of our players if he sensed that UCF was reacting badly to the weather. He said "Oh yeah, they definately didn't want to be out there." That's been the MO of all the Florida teams we've faced in the cold and damp. It was so miserable yesterday my wife spent some time in the ladies room which she said was jammed full of shivering women--lol. She finally gave up at the end of 3rd Q and went back to sit in the warmth of the car, leaving my two cousins and I to gut it out till the end. Here's the good news. When I got back to the tailgate and opened the door of our warm, dry and toasty car---there she was listening to the WTIC post game. I call that a win-win.
I see why you married her now!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's been the MO of all the Florida teams we've faced in the cold and damp.

Not quite all. That USF team we beat on the last play in horrible weather hung tough.

Reaction Score
Check, check and check. I would also add last years Memphis game but I left early for that one.
Left early for last years Memphis game?!?!! You missed HISTORY!!!!

Reaction Score
Not quite all. That USF team we beat on the last play in horrible weather hung tough.
I was there. It was the snow game, If I remember correctly. One of the best games I have ever attended!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom