My take on the QB situation | The Boneyard

My take on the QB situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Come on....give us a prediction so we can then denigrate you if you are wrong on Monday. ;)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
BD said by Monday.....I wouldn't be surprised if we find out sooner.

Reaction Score
My gut says it's Cochran.

Maybe I should give mathematical percentages the way espn did with Lebron and where he was going. Too bad I don't know the formulas they used.

Reaction Score
After watching all 3 last year, I can't imagine any other choice. Both of the others would have had to make such dramatic steps forward it would seem pretty unlikely.

Reaction Score
I predict Whitmer. I think Boyle has the most potential though. Casey would be the safest choice.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think Whitmer just because he can move in the pocket better than Casey.

Reaction Score
I give Casey the edge based on wins and numbers, even if somewhat misleading. The other numbers are the great physical strides he's made during the offseason. If not going with the tall guy. Diaco likes tall guys :cool:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I predict Whitmer will start..but lots of Casey mixed in. If Boyle gets PT, that would be the biggest surprise.

Reaction Score
Whitmer is an interception machine. Too much tape to give him the job no matter practice performance

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think Whitmer just because he can move in the pocket better than Casey.
If by move you mean "has happy feet", then yes he can move. Casey doesn't need to move as much because he just makes good decisions to throw the ball away when pressured.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Again, last year's (and all prior years) work should be taken with a grain of salt. I don't think Peyton Manning or Tom Brady could have moved our offense last season under Pasqualoni/DeLeone and the horrific OL play we all saw.

My guess is that we will see some sort of rotation between Cochran and Whitmer against BYU unless whoever starts hits the ground running right out of the gate and doesn't let up.

Reaction Score
Smart, good decision maker, worked hard in the off season to improve physically and...regardless of who he engineered wins against last year he still did the job ...... in Casey I trust-I give the nod to CC, the Son of a Coach.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
No one here has seen the Fall QB competition play out. That being said, unless Tyler or Tim have progressed leaps and bounds, I'll be upset if Casey doesn't get to continue what he started.

However, I trust HCBD until he gives me reason not to. Whoever starts will be the best QB for the new system.

Reaction Score
No one here has seen the Fall QB competition play out. That being said, unless Tyler or Tim have progressed leaps and bounds, I'll be upset if Casey doesn't get to continue what he started.

However, I trust HCBD until he gives me reason not to. Whoever starts will be the best QB for the new system.

See, that's exactly what would upset me. A coach that was more concerned about his way than utilizing the players who can get it done.

I am assuming HCBD knows that CC is his guy. If he doesn't, it says things about the coach that do not bode well.

Reaction Score
In Connecticut athletics there was a measure passed that's been dubbed "the Cochran Rule". The little known corollary is that if Casey isn't named the starter, Black Jack will go ballistic. Plus, Casey is the most polished & poised decision maker of the 3 candidates.

Reaction Score
Casey may just be one of those athletes that has IT. Physically he would appear to be in over his head, but he knows how to win. I agree with coach in terms of poise and decision making there was no comparison last season.

Reaction Score
In Connecticut athletics there was a measure passed that's been dubbed "the Cochran Rule". The little known corollary is that if Casey isn't named the starter, Black Jack will go ballistic. Plus, Casey is the most polished & poised decision maker of the 3 candidates.
Jack had some problems but he is also loved by his players. I don't know the whole story but it seems to me that the Cochran family is very supportive of CC and UConn. JC was also a PP supporter so what do I know. Based on what I have seen last year, I will be shocked if BD does not go with CC.

C

Chief00

Casey may get named #1 but this whole process I believe is about keeping Boyle from transferring since I believe the coaches feel he has the most upside. When will he be ready to start - I have no clue. But, Diaco will make tough decisions and I believe what happened last season, Diaco is not weighing as heavily as the fans.

Reaction Score
99% confident that its Casey's job to start the season, but the second QB will be given a real opportunity to unseat him if he outperforms Casey.

The fact that Diaco plans to use two QB's suggests it is Casey's job, Diaco's reasoning for 2 QB's was that the second QB offers a different skill set. I assume that means running the ball, from my observation Casey is the non runner of the group so he must be playing. Would you start the runner and bring in the non runner as a change of pace? Maybe but unlikely.

There have also been many other small hints that it is Casey's team. I'd be shocked and disappointed if he isn't leading the team into battle in two weeks.

Hopefully all three QB's stay with the program, we certainly need them. Boyle has NFL athletic potential, if he could learn to mimic Casey's mental agility he would be great. Stick with the program, learn and compete, then play on Sunday's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek