My solution | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It seems like they are a part of the conversation now.

I don't think they are. I don't think they are having serious discussions with anyone to come in and play football. I think they were when it looked like the Pac Ten was going to lead the charge to 16.

Watch.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for Waylon to provide the link (or any evidence) that the B-12 will take ND for all sports but football. I'll believe the ACC will accomodate ND when I see it.

Reaction Score
Your losing focus people. The reason Pitt and Syracuse were added to the ACC was they have traditional football notoriety and they don't hurt the basketball side of things(they actually help it). Any further expansion by the ACC will be about football first. That means if ND wants in they have to go all in. Remember... football drives the bus? The ACC doesn't want UConn because our men's and women's basketball teams will own that league for the foreseeable future and our football team needs a few more years before we can start to crack the top 25 on a consistent basis. Our football team isn't attractive enough and the basketball teams are just plain scary.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I don't think they are. I don't think they are having serious discussions with anyone to come in and play football. I think they were when it looked like the Pac Ten was going to lead the charge to 16.

Watch.
The PAC-12 getting cold feet on 16 has probably done more to make this process last longer than anything else... at the very least it stabilized the Big 12 which hurts the Big East as well as kept Iowa State, Kansas, etc. from possibly merging with the Big East.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The PAC-12 did not get cold feet. They got sick of time consuming negotiations with UT & OU, reaching what they thought was an agreement, only to have OU & UT tell them they were going to talk with the B-12 first before deciding (this happened twice). This year when the two B-12 south schools went to see if the B-12 could give them a better deal the P-12 said 'no mas'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom