My personal Top 25 just for the halibut | The Boneyard

My personal Top 25 just for the halibut

Reaction Score
I thought we'd do a consensus BY Top 25, but then I saw that it's only every other week. In any case, I conjured up my Top 25 just for the halibut:

1) Oregon
2) Stanford
3) Louisville
4) South Carolina
5) Baylor
6) Florida State
7) Connecticut
8) Oregon State
9) Indiana
10) Maryland
11) Texas A&M
12) NC State
13) UCLA
14) Mississippi State
15) Gonzaga
16) DePaul
17) Missouri State
18) South Dakota
19) Princeton
20) Florida Gulf Coast
21) Arizona
22) Northwestern
23) West Virginia
24) Tennessee
25) Creighton

There goes LSU after a defeat. Perhaps Purdue deserves to be there. But with so many supposedly top schools being beaten by those who should not be beating them, it reminds me of Korean bibimbap: everything all mixed up!

Despite UConn's increasingly assertive play, we still haven't played a top team, and, no, Notre Dame this year doesn't qualify as a test.

Reaction Score
I thought we'd do a consensus BY Top 25, but then I saw that it's only every other week. In any case, I conjured up my Top 25 just for the halibut:

1) Oregon
2) Stanford
3) Louisville
4) South Carolina
5) Baylor
6) Florida State
7) Connecticut
8) Oregon State
9) Indiana
10) Maryland
11) Texas A&M
12) NC State
13) UCLA
14) Mississippi State
15) Gonzaga
16) DePaul
17) Missouri State
18) South Dakota
19) Princeton
20) Florida Gulf Coast
21) Arizona
22) Northwestern
23) West Virginia
24) Tennessee
25) Creighton

There goes LSU after a defeat. Perhaps Purdue deserves to be there. But with so many supposedly top schools being beaten by those who should not be beating them, it reminds me of Korean bibimbap: everything all mixed up!

Despite UConn's increasingly assertive play, we still haven't played a top team, and, no, Notre Dame this year doesn't qualify as a test.

Surprised you don't have Oregon State at #7 and UConn at #8...you going soft? :rolleyes:

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Piscatorially speaking, the list is rather...

image.jpeg

Reaction Score

1) Oregon
2) Stanford
3) Louisville
4) South Carolina
5) Baylor
6) Florida State
7) Connecticut
8) Oregon State
9) Indiana
10) Maryland
11) Texas A&M
12) NC State
13) UCLA
14) Mississippi State
15) Gonzaga
16) DePaul
17) Missouri State
18) South Dakota
19) Princeton
20) Florida Gulf Coast
21) Arizona
22) Northwestern
23) West Virginia
24) Tennessee
25) Creighton

UConn beat OSU, OSU beat Louisvllie, and you put UConn #7 Louisville #3?
What is your logic?

Reaction Score

1) Oregon
2) Stanford
3) Louisville
4) South Carolina
5) Baylor
6) Florida State
7) Connecticut
8) Oregon State
9) Indiana
10) Maryland
11) Texas A&M
12) NC State
13) UCLA
14) Mississippi State
15) Gonzaga
16) DePaul
17) Missouri State
18) South Dakota
19) Princeton
20) Florida Gulf Coast
21) Arizona
22) Northwestern
23) West Virginia
24) Tennessee
25) Creighton

The halibut smells. UConn should be in the top 5 until proven otherwise. In this great country, you're innocent until proven guilty . . . Sniff . . .

Reaction Score
UConn beat OSU, OSU beat Louisvllie, and you put UConn #7 Louisville #3?
What is your logic?

It appears that there is a musical chairs in terms of who beats whom. You're right about that one.

But that has happened to so many supposedly top teams.

Reaction Score
I never trust anything you say. I don't think I've ever read a positive comment about uconn from you.

That's just not fair. I have been a UConn fan for nearly a quarter century. If you're talking about this year's team, I admit that I do not see this year's incarnation of the UConn team as one of its great teams, or as one of our usual great and powerful groups. But don't most of us acknowledge that? Indeed, Coach Geno has made that point any number of times.

Just being honest. I just believe that our kids need to prove themselves against this year's strongest teams.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's just a silly list. LIke i said in an earlier post, the professional pollsters are being too hard on UCONN, but it's surprising seeing actual UCONN fans with some of that same silliness. Where is the "shaking my head" emoticon? ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's just not fair. I have been a UConn fan for nearly a quarter century. If you're talking about this year's team, I admit that I do not see this year's incarnation of the UConn team as one of its great teams, or as one of our usual great and powerful groups. But don't most of us acknowledge that? Indeed, Coach Geno has made that point any number of times.

Just being honest. I just believe that our kids need to prove themselves against this year's strongest teams.
Is there a suggestion that all the teams you're picking ahead of UConn have PROVEN THEMSELVES .... I doubt that they all have and yet, you insist on putting these phantom teams ahead of the Huskies .... even teams that had great success last year have had lineup changes that changes their team's chemistry, sometimes adversely so for you to assume that these teams are the same or better based on last year is almost silly ..... I don't have any recollection that you have ever really posted anything to suggest that you're a big UConn fan .... actually it's seemed that you like to say things that are provocative and help unsettle a lot of the people on the Boneyard ... obviously I'm speaking of posts over the years, even when they proved their abilities by year after year of Final Four appearances ....

Reaction Score
It's just a silly list. LIke i said in an earlier post, the professional pollsters are being too hard on UCONN, but it's surprising seeing actual UCONN fans with some of that same silliness. Where is the "shaking my head" emoticon? ;)
1575916239481.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

not an emoticon.... but this is one of my favorite gifs ever.... probably fits what you are looking for

whatthe.gif

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Every empirical measure that takes into account who and how a team plays has its flaws, particularly early on in the season, yet every empirical measure would have us higher than #7. Massey, SOS and RPI all would have us higher than #7, but there is an even more telling empirical measure than that in our favor.

We have done better against our common opponent with Louisville and common opponents with South Carolina. We played those common opponents on the road, plus it's not like teams look past UConn. Do you really think Ohio State snoozed on us but thought, "Oh, we're playing Louisville tonight, we must get up for this one!" Meanwhile, South Carolina also has a loss to a team ranked below UConn in this ranking.

Nothing empirical would have us at 7. As low as 5, yes, if you make negative assumptions about UConn in relation to some other teams, but not 7 even with all possible negative assumptions that cannot be empirically tested.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom