My oh my...#19 VA Tech | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My oh my...#19 VA Tech

Reaction Score
This was not a good night for WCBB. # 19 team scores 27 points in a game are you kidding me!
If you think this was bad for WBB--it is worse for Kenny Brooks and the VaTech team. I don't want to see the practices today-- Is it possible they all had KLS's flu??? It does not make sense. In all the years I have seen
Kenny teams play at JMU--nothing of this embarrassing has ever happened--this just isn't a Kenny Brooks team's action!

Reaction Score
UVA outscored Tech 23-5 in the second quarter and 21-2 in the third. I haven't been to a wbb game in Charlottesville in 25 years, but the place could be raucous back in the day. I thought this might be an upset, but not to the degree it was.

If you haven't been to a UVA game in 25 years--you need to go--the JPJ arena (Named for a guy from Ct not the Sailor)John Paul Jones --is a great place to watch basketball, comfortable, good viewing from everywhere I have been sitting. Prices are very good-

Reaction Score
who is Massey? I know he/she make predictions but is there a bio... or is Massey a team of geniuses?[/QUOTE

Massey rankings; Sagarin rankings. The two major computer generated services.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If you think this was bad for WBB--it is worse for Kenny Brooks and the VaTech team. I don't want to see the practices today-- Is it possible they all had KLS's flu??? It does not make sense. In all the years I have seen
Kenny teams play at JMU--nothing of this embarrassing has ever happened--this just isn't a Kenny Brooks team's action!
The wheels maybe starting to come off Va Tech. Last three games that have been blown out 59-84 by Duke, 54-82 by FSU, & 27-76 by Virginia.

Reaction Score
The wheels maybe starting to come off Va Tech. Last three games that have been blown out 59-84 by Duke, 54-82 by FSU, & 27-76 by Virginia.

A few things--and yes I'm defensive of Kenny Brooks--the schedule wasn't his. This team was not recruited by him. He changed the mentality at Va Tech and got some good play from kids who didn't do well.
Yes, you may be correct--the basketball gods have caught up with them and "the wheels are coming off'
With a couple of years under his belt at Va Tech--he may not win the ACC title--but he'll make noise.
Kenny to me shows you can treat players well and get results--

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A few things--and yes I'm defensive of Kenny Brooks--the schedule wasn't his. This team was not recruited by him. He changed the mentality at Va Tech and got some good play from kids who didn't do well.
Yes, you may be correct--the basketball gods have caught up with them and "the wheels are coming off'
With a couple of years under his belt at Va Tech--he may not win the ACC title--but he'll make noise.
I am also very fond of Kenny Brooks. Check your PM.

Reaction Score
@VA Huskie would be interested in your thoughts on Fee. (Felicia Aiyeotan) I see Fee is averaging about 12 minutes per game which is ahead of where I projected for her. Is she having a real impact for UVA shot blocking and rebounding.
I have season tickets, so have seen Fee multiple times. She's more athletic than I expected, runs the floor pretty well...but still very raw. She seems to be getting better through the season...and progress is a good thing. Last nite she was on the floor twice going after loose balls. In the past she'd kinda just watch players scramble on the floor. She also blocked 2 consecutive shots from the same girl in one possession. Several times in the game a VT player would drive toward the basket, see Fee, and just back off. Not a good rebounder yet - hands not strong enough and not aggressive enough. Has a very nice touch from the free throw line, but shot taking is not a well developed skill yet. So, yes, she is making an impact...more than I expected at this point. It'll be interesting to see how she develops over the next couple of years. Clearly she needs strength and greater basketball skills. Who knows how much that can/will develop? My biggest surprise this season is that Joanne puts her in when the game is competitive and the matchup is right. I thought this year we'd only get garbage time. Long winded answer, but hope it helps.

Reaction Score
I don't know much about Kenny, other than his success at JMU. But I was surprised at how passive he seemed at last nites game. Is that his usual personality?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom