My hope with Marquette.... | The Boneyard

My hope with Marquette....

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Marquette University is about to announce Shaka Smart as their new Men's Basketball coach to lead them back to annual trips to the NCAAT. Good decision by Marquette, my hope is they realize what they have in Meg Duffy and are willing to also lock her up to prove they are a basketball committed school. That would do wonders for the Big East and building the depth and additional rivalry we need to create a strong conference and national standing.

Come on Marquette, show me the insight you have on what a great coach you already have...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Marquette University is about to announce Shaka Smart as their new Men's Basketball coach to lead them back to annual trips to the NCAAT.
Well he got Texas there only 3 out of 6 years (although probably would've been in last year if there was a Tourney?), so annual trips are not a sure thing.

Also, hasn't won a Tourney game since '13?! 5 straight 1st Round losses. Not really convinced he's all that good of a coach.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Marquette University is about to announce Shaka Smart as their new Men's Basketball coach to lead them back to annual trips to the NCAAT. Good decision by Marquette, my hope is they realize what they have in Meg Duffy and are willing to also lock her up to prove they are a basketball committed school. That would do wonders for the Big East and building the depth and additional rivalry we need to create a strong conference and national standing.

Come on Marquette, show me the insight you have on what a great coach you already have...

Well, you and I are completely sympatico on this subject! ? AD Bill Scholl, who hired Megan, has known Megan since both of their days at Notre Dame, and I'm sure he knows he has a keeper. Write up that deal, Bill! (just keep an escape clause for one 'lil old school with a dome. Just in case. ;) )

BTW, I noted that in the always up-to-date non UConn recruiting thread that Megan got a commitment from an in-state shooting guard, who also had been considering Wisconsin. Good get.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well he got Texas there only 3 out of 6 years (although probably would've been in last year if there was a Tourney?), so annual trips are not a sure thing.

Also, hasn't won a Tourney game since '13?! 5 straight 1st Round losses. Not really convinced he's all that good of a coach.

I thought he made the most of what he got/had at VCU. Sometimes, cooks get flustered with too many good materials! ;)
Just saw that Smart is actually Wisconsin-born and bred. So, maybe a return to his roots and working in a somewhat small kitchen will help.
And gosh knows, you won't have patrons breathing down your neck regardless of what you do...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom