My goodness Tiff Hayes is playing well | The Boneyard

My goodness Tiff Hayes is playing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
4-5 / 2-3 (3-pointers) / 5-7 foul shots.
Also 5 assists, one steal

In a decisive win over the Liberty.

Without actually having been a detractor, I never dreamed (sic) that she would be so successful at this level.

Tina and Cappie on the other hand were pretty awful in this one.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
C'mon our Tiff...we all knew she was a star just waiting to shine ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As we saw at UConn, Tiff seems better suited for the Robin role than the Batman role. With defenses focusing on Angel, Tiff can do her thing. She's at or near the top of the league in 3-point shooting. We know that she's also a good defender and very athletic. Recall that Tiff put up 32 points in a half at UConn. Geno said that when Tiff is on top of her game, she can be the best player on the floor. Maya was also in that lineup, so that's quite a compliment.

Reaction Score
They interviewed her at halftime so they must've thought she was the best player in the first half. She's helping them to be the best team in the East right now.

The other halftime interview of coach Cooper was priceless!

I'm going to the next game in NYC on Sunday!

Reaction Score
One of my favorite Huskies! She was always was a solid contributor at UCONN and continues to do so in the pros. And to think she fell to the second round of the draft.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
One of my favorite Huskies! She was always was a solid contributor at UCONN and continues to do so in the pros. And to think she fell to the second round of the draft.

well, she was gold regardless of when she was picked. Tiff has done very well in the WNBA. Very proud of our Husky Tiff!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
As we saw at UConn, Tiff seems better suited for the Robin role than the Batman role. With defenses focusing on Angel, Tiff can do her thing. She's at or near the top of the league in 3-point shooting. We know that she's also a good defender and very athletic. Recall that Tiff put up 32 points in a half at UConn. Geno said that when Tiff is on top of her game, she can be the best player on the floor. Maya was also in that lineup, so that's quite a compliment.

Or quite a complement. :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I am really impressed with her development. I've watched her a few times this year and she is often the best player on the floor in stretches.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I always confused by this two.
My use (or is it usage?): a positive, favorable remark.

Alex's use: a favorable pairing, such as ham and eggs, lox and bagels, or Maya and Tiff.

Reaction Score
Get her on the national team.....it needs more UConn players!

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score

Misleading...She was Atlanta's first pick.

Reaction Score

I meant that other teams passed on her. I understand that player needs may have been different for those other teams at the time. However, there are some players that were picked ahead of her that aren't playing in the WNBA anymore.

I'm glad Atlanta got her because she has found a team and role that allows her to flourish.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
How so? I agree with Dek. She fell to the 2nd round of the draft. Would Atlanta have taken her if they'd had the 5th pick? Or 8th? Saying she was Atlanta's first pick is actually misleading... Just MHO...

Having said that, she's never been THE star player on any team college or pro. And it's not a slight on her - just that I agree she's in the perfect place - she can flourish around the likes of McCaughtry and do what she does best, not do things she's not as comfortable doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom