My first attempt at Third Down Music ... | The Boneyard

My first attempt at Third Down Music ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was pretty disappointed at the third down music at the spring game ... so I decided to try it myself.

Give me some suggestions if you have any ideas!

Third Down Cochise

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Sounds better than what they played the Spring Game! I like the howl at the beginning. That's the kind of howl I'd like to hear when we enter the red zone too.

Reaction Score
Nice work. We can cone out of the tunnel with that would be great

Reaction Score
Hey Kaz, I'm tech challenged. Whenever I try to "upload a file" (video etc) I'm often thwarted because it says "File Max is 2MB---but a song is far larger. How did you attach that song to your post? Sorry if this has been previously discussed.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Like it. If you've got a mind to send in for them to review, think about length and how they can use...

For the third down, they currently have a signature note to start, like your howl, and then music which rolls and they can cut off any time. That will allow good impact, hype, and the ability to cut off at any point (in case of a quick snap, etc.).

This seems like a good use of the howl that doesn't sound and feel like an alien invasion.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Leave well enough alone. Oh and bring back "Oh Fortuna" for the beginning of the game. That crap from the P era was/is awful. In the Randy era there was an almost electric vibe coming from the stadium as kickoff approached. Now it sounds the same as being in the parking lot on weekends UConn is playing away. Almost serenely quiet.

Reaction Score
I like it. I was thinking about a more dramatic entrance as well. Utilize the helmet and fog but have some fireworks/flames like before. Made a statement everywhere and even the people in the lot knew the game was beginning. Hopefully they will already be in there but still, we know the reality.

Reaction Score
Hey Kaz, I'm tech challenged. Whenever I try to "upload a file" (video etc) I'm often thwarted because it says "File Max is 2MB---but a song is far larger. How did you attach that song to your post? Sorry if this has been previously discussed.

You want tech savvy help??? ... ASK YOUR GRANDKIDS :p

I stumbled upon the site - soundcloud.com ... free registration, upload, and share the link.

Reaction Score
Like it. If you've got a mind to send in for them to review, think about length and how they can use...

For the third down, they currently have a signature note to start, like your howl, and then music which rolls and they can cut off any time. That will allow good impact, hype, and the ability to cut off at any point (in case of a quick snap, etc.).

This seems like a good use of the howl that doesn't sound and feel like an alien invasion.

All good points. I really only tried this because the sound byte they had at the spring game hurt my ears ... very bad!

- I planned on looping the Cochise soundtrack for the reasons you stated above ... to account for random lengths.
- I was hoping to find a good "howl" for a signature start and identity. I think I need to make it a little louder. (there are 2 more howls)

Reaction Score
Seriously? Leave well enough alone. Oh and bring back "Oh Fortuna" for the beginning of the game. That crap from the P era was/is awful. In the Randy era there was an almost electric vibe coming from the stadium as kickoff approached. Now it sounds the same as being in the parking lot on weekends UConn is playing away. Almost serenely quiet.

Before they bring back anything ... they need to decide if they want the band to play, or play music over the PA when the team comes out of the tunnel. As of now (like at the Spring game) both are happening simultaneously! This can't be happening at a big time, FBS football school!!! Someone needs to be responsible for this.

Reaction Score
Before they bring back anything ... they need to decide if they want the band to play, or play music over the PA when the team comes out of the tunnel. As of now (like at the Spring game) both are happening simultaneously! This can't be happening at a big time, FBS football school!!! Someone needs to be responsible for this.
I second this. I couldn't believe the times when the band was being drowned out (happened more than once) by the PA music. That was uncool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom