My favorite sound is a Fudd Flush | The Boneyard

My favorite sound is a Fudd Flush

Reaction Score
When you observe people's 3 pointers you have the normal rattle around 3 or the slide into the hoop 3. You have the soft settle into the net 3 of Paige's shot. And then you have the "Fudd Flush" where the ball touches nothing but net and it seems that the ball is coming in from a trajectory where it drops precisely through the net from above. It makes a distinctive sound with just the right spin and angle. Imagine how precise the shot has to be to be to make such a distinctive sound so often.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
When you observe people's 3 pointers you have the normal rattle around 3 or the slide into the hoop 3. You have the soft settle into the net 3 of Paige's shot. And then you have the "Fudd Flush" where the ball touches nothing but net and it seems that the ball is coming in from a trajectory where it drops precisely through the net from above. It makes a distinctive sound with just the right spin and angle. Imagine how precise the shot has to be to be to make such a distinctive sound so often.

I like the idea but I thought she caught a little neck in her shots so it was more metallic / heavy sounding. I thought her 6th and 7th 3pt makes in the TN game was the perfect net flushing sound which was poetic as they helped flush TN out of the XL.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@MilfordHusky once predicted that Azzi Fudd could/would become a 50 40 80 (FG, 3FG, FT) % shooter or something close to those number. The good news is Azzi is ahead ahead of that at 51, 51 and 87. Now here is the truly scary part if you are the opposition or someone who has been playing very close attention. Azzi has had (6) 3pt FG barely lip out this season and another (4) 2 pt FG do the same thing. When I say barely lip out that means the ball was partially in the cylinder before spinning out. Kobe Bryant once told Azzi's father that she was a red dot shooter (laser like). In the post game presser Geno was biggin up Azzi for making "basketball" plays. It's ALL coming together for Azzi rather nicely. Can't wait until her two besties get back healthy-could be epic.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
@MilfordHusky once predicted that Azzi Fudd could/would become a 50 40 80 (FG, 3FG, FT) % shooter or something close to those number. The good news is Azzi is ahead ahead of that at 51, 51 and 87. Now here is the truly scary part if you are the opposition or someone who has been playing very close attention. Azzi has had (6) 3pt FG barely lip out this season and another (4) 2 pt FG do the same thing. When I say barely lip out that means the ball was partially in the cylinder before spinning out. Kobe Bryant once told Azzi's father that she was a red dot shooter (laser like). In the post game presser Geno was biggin up Azzi for making "basketball" plays. It's ALL coming together for Azzi rather nicely. Can't wait until her two besties get back healthy-could be epic.

I predicted higher than that for Azzi. I think 55/45/90 is well within her ability. She has missed more mid-range shots--and even a free throw--than I expected, but she is just getting warmed up. She ran out of time on Wednesday.

Reaction Score
I predicted higher than that for Azzi. I think 55/45/90 is well within her ability. She has missed more mid-range shots--and even a
I predicted higher than that for Azzi. I think 55/45/90 is well within her ability. She has missed more mid-range shots--and even a free throw--than I expected, but she is just getting warmed up. She ran out of time on Wednesday.

free throw--than I expected, but she is just getting warmed up. She ran out of time on Wednesday.

Reaction Score
Yes, it will be interesting to see the dynamic once Paige and Caroline are playing with Azzi--as the analyst mentioned several times during the Villanova game, she didn't feel that Nika and all were getting the ball to Azzi enough and she wasn't getting the ball in a timely fashion. Paige will assuredly resolve this and with Caroline's presence stretching the defense both on the perimeter and baseline, it will quite be interesting to watch. For all our misery with injuries/illnesses/absences, I think we're about to be duly rewarded for our perseverance with the elements of Paige/Azzi/Caroline coming together--Earth, Wind & Fire...

Reaction Score
I'm trying to think of a weakness in Azzi's game, and I can't come up with one. We tend to think of her as a superbly natural offensive machine, but she is more than that. Her defense -- a skill that Geno values but normally takes 2 seasons to develop -- is already at a different level.

Playing around with the team's individual stats, I came up with a measurement that may be of some help. The only stats that directly measure defense are steals and blocks. Add these two categories together, and compare them with a player's turnovers. That might give us some measure of a player's defensive value to the team.

Through 20 games (and Fudd has only appeared in 9 of them), her ratio of S+Bs to TOs is 2.25:1 In other words, for every turnover she has committed, she has two and a quarter steals or blocks. She is one of only four players on the roster to have a ratio greater than 1:1 in this metric. Paige has a slightly better ratio (2.33:1). DeBerry (whose stats are still insignificantly small) actually leads the team with 2.67:1. The only other player with a positive ratio is Nelson-Ododa, who has a total of 65 steals/blocks and 43 turnovers (1.51:1).

And Azzi is only a freshman with 9 games under her belt, and missed a lot of practice time. The prospects for this young athlete are simply awesome. And I haven't even mentioned her offensive ability in this message.

Reaction Score
I think that "thunk" sound is near ideal for a shooter. She generally hits a little of the back side of the rim and it seems to kind of force the ball down through the net. If you threw the ball straight up in the air maybe it falls through the net cleaner but realistically you probably don't want that high of a trajectory as the distance the ball travels and any wind currents might affect the ball a little. It would be harder to replicate an accurate shot. Hitting the bottom of that back rim is probably an optimal shot trajectory.

Reaction Score
The turnover rate is very important. She's the total package and I think she knows it now. As a cautious player she took a few games to get assimilated but she's showing the qualities so many expected and that is tremendous news. I don't want it to go to her head but she has a tremendous future if she can keep her focus and stay healthy. She's now playing like she did in high school before the injury. If you were looking to create a good college player you would look for the attributes she has developed. Shooting efficiency. Doesn't cause a lot of fouls. Doesn't turn it over a lot. Defends above average. Team oriented but capable of taking charge offensively. Very strategic with excellent decision making.

Reaction Score
Instagram-crying-on-the-toilet-cfa29a.png
This is a neighbor of mine who bought a Fudd flush from a guy named Elmer. Uses it to get rid of anything orange. Obvious Uconn fan.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi must have had the contact lenses in backward tonight. I've never seen her that much off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom