My favorite player thusfar | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My favorite player thusfar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I want to like Samra, but he has shown exactly diddly poo.

They can be good guys off the field to their hearts' content, but UConn's guards need a Mankins-like mean streak. From where I was sitting, Tyler got pushed around all game vs. Temple.

Reaction Score
My favorite offensive lineman is Kyle Schafenacker, great name. Maybe someday he will play.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My favorite offensive lineman is Kyle Schafenacker, great name. Maybe someday he will play.

When you have a guy named Fatusaki... it is tough to top.

Wain reminds me of the old Giants teams where Dave Jennings was their best player.

I feel like we knew Joseph was going to be good. Ormsby has been the nicest surprise.

DeLorenzo has been pretty good BTW since I don't think anyone noticed.

Reaction Score
Max did a great job running to daylight last game. Running into the pile was not the smart move and he saw that. He's got decent speed.

Reaction Score
In the most miserable year since we moved up, I actually have several players I enjoy watching. You want to see a max effort guy who is playing his way into the NFL, watch Campenni. Guy is a rock at the line of scrimmage. Ormsby gives me hope that we are going to have a Cullen Jenkins tripe end who can play the run and push the pocket, a huge bonus from a 3-4 end. Vann is a scrapper who plays with an intensity I love to see on the field. He will mix it up with 300 pound lineman, it doesn't matter. I love Junior Joseph's enthusiasm. He overruns some plays but the kid just wants to hit someone. Once the game slows down for him, he is going to be another in a long line of great UCONN LBs.

On offense, there is not much that I have seen that offers any hope. But there are a couple of players I focus on when they are in. Arkeel Newsome is having big problems blocking. (Here is a tip coaches, don't have him block). But everytime he gets the ball in open space, something great happens. The vision he has cannot be teached. Fantastic instincts. They should be targeting him on short screens and wheel routes 3-4 times a game. There is also something about Tommy Myers. The kid oozes athleticism, and he gives great effort blocking which I always love to see from a TE. Another year in the weight room, and I think he will be a solid blocking tight end who is an imposing target at 6'5. The thought of two tight end sets with Bloom and Hopkins giving the QB easy targets gives me some hope.

Reaction Score
There's a special sense that anything can happen when Arkeel gets the ball which gives me immense hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom