My favorite player thusfar | The Boneyard

My favorite player thusfar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's so hard to see who's doing well with the way we've played... it's like the other team always knows more than we do as a team... We're like 4 steps behind... sorry for the frustrationj comments guys, but it is what it is with this team right now....

Reaction Score
Cole Ormsby

Dude is going to be a beast once he settles into and gets comfortable with the 3-4 line mindset
I agree with Ormsby. He is going to be a mainstay on defense for us. But, ya gotta like Akeel Newsome a lot to for the things he shows when given the chance. His upside is unlimited------if given a chance.

Reaction Score
Lots to like on D - I like the entire DL. I was not impressed by their opening game performance, but I have done a 180. Ormsby,agree; Myers and Campenni in the middle; and Adeyemi's progression. I like Carrezola (and would like to see more of Diggs), I love the CB play and it is great to see Adams back and playing healthy. If Obi continues what he started last week, the secondary would be the clear strength.

I really like the freshmen on O - I wish we would see more of Myers, Bloom, the OGs, Johnson and Arkeel.

I am impressed with the young kickers as well.

It's a poor team effort this year in terms of results, but there are a lot of bright stars growing up in front of us

Reaction Score
I agree with Ormsby. He is going to be a mainstay on defense for us. But, ya gotta like Akeel Newsome a lot to for the things he shows when given the chance. His upside is unlimited------if given a chance.
I agree with you both. Two freshmen who are making positive impacts. But, they're not being used in every down situations.
Ormsby is a force! Everytime Newsome is on the field, I'm on the edge of my seat. He needs to get the ball more in the open field.

Reaction Score
Junior Joseph, he looks like he is going to be a force for the d for the next few years.

Certainly a few players you could pick on our defense. You have to wonder how our offense can be so bad when they get to practice against such a good d everyday in practice.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Chandler - gritty, picks himself up off the turf everytime
Joseph - moves well and has had some 'pops' specifically in the fourth quarter against Temple - didnt get hit of the game but should have
Jhavon Williams - thought his coverage has been spot on when he has played

Reaction Score
Chandler - gritty, picks himself up off the turf everytime
Joseph - moves well and has had some 'pops' specifically in the fourth quarter against Temple - didnt get hit of the game but should have
Jhavon Williams - thought his coverage has been spot on when he has played

Chandler is a gritty player in every sense of the word...probably because he has eaten so much turf!:(

Reaction Score
Julian Campenni gotta make every DT that came before him proud. He is a rock in the middle of that line, and actually, a good example of what can happen when a player ahs the opportunity to develop over time. Unfortunately, we have way too few of upperclassmen players like him after the past few seasons. I have not seen him be dominated at the point of attack at any time this season.

Reaction Score
Julian Campenni gotta make every DT that came before him proud. He is a rock in the middle of that line, and actually, a good example of what can happen when a player ahs the opportunity to develop over time. Unfortunately, we have way too few of upperclassmen players like him after the past few seasons. I have not seen him be dominated at the point of attack at any time this season.

As the BYU offense coach said: "he is a serious dude."

Reaction Score
I love watching Andrew Adams play. He's been our most consistent player on the defenisve side of the ball.

To be fair to Obi and his criticism, Adams was burned twice, once for a TD and another for a long pass that set up another TD, vs Temple.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dogged said:
Chandler is a gritty player in every sense of the word...probably because he has eaten so much turf!:(

Yes, a regular Chia pet.

Reaction Score
Justin Wain has been the best player so far.
I believe he was injured for the Temple game. Wasn't the kicker, Puyol, punting? Perhaps Wain was overworked the first 4 games :)

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
What foot for a youngster can just about place the ball anywhere.

Maybe he should kick to the receivers...is that legal?
He has enough time to get a punt off - hasnt run for his life yet this year.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I've seen Campenni be double teamed and still get an arm out to trip up a QB (Walker from Temple I think) - he's been fantastic in the middle. Adams run support has also been great - love the way he closes (I wish Donohue would take notes on his tackling form).

On the offense, it's really hard to pick someone given how crappy we've been so in classic Boneyard fashion, I'll pick someone who has only seen limited reps and then complain that they should be playing far more based on exceptionally limited evidence. Alec Bloom - tall guy, good hands, has gotten open when needed - why isn't he playing more?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Junior Joseph, and Ormsby have been nice surprises so far filling in.

Reaction Score
In regard to G Davis, when the ball is thrown in his area he looks like a man amongst boys. We have had alot of recievers over the years but he can really go get the ball. Easley had more speed and delivered a hit when taking on tacklers but I think Davis will be better. He stands out on the field the way John Dorsey did at LB back in the day.

Reaction Score
the d has been fine for the most part. As I live in Rochester I am a bills fan. Both teams have a lot in common. D keeps them in games but wow do they have no Offence at all!

Reaction Score
When our favorite players are some of our O linemen, we'll be much better served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom