My favorite player, not on my favorite team is... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My favorite player, not on my favorite team is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love Bashaara Graves from TN. She is criminally underused and the guards don't seem to ever want to get her the ball where she can be effective. She attacks the glass and works so hard despite being virtually ignored by her team.

If she had been a Husky, I believe she would be an all time favorite of a lot of people. Instead she will likely fall to the second round and will probably be the steal of the WNBA draft.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
A bone for our Duke visitors - Azura Stevens.
I really like her game and she was great for USA.

And one Orange thought - Bashara Graves - again fabulous for USA and I feel sorry for her on her college teams.

And what a great thread idea.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Jessica Shepherd! She is only a freshman, but already may be the best center in the country.
Check out her stats vs. Anigwe for Cal. I think Anigwe's might be better - but either way, both are tremendous producers for their teams, especially as freshmen...

Add me to the chorus of people who like and admire...

Courtney Williams (USF)
Briana Turner (ND)
Bash Graves (Tenn)

Just as a side note, don't mistake my appreciation of Graves as anything other than for her as a player. Still hate Tenn and hope they fall off the face of the WCBB earth... ;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Right now Brianna Turner of ND is my favorite player.
It will change if DD can keep the Lady Vols out of NCAA this season.
By that logic - no love for Reimer ?!! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Some of my favorite players on other teams are:
C. Williams USF (A warrior)
Graves (A warrior) and Carter (poor (wo)men's K. Farris) from TN (2 players which in my mind are UConn type players)
Turner ND (would have looked real good playing with Stewie)
Wilson SC (would have looked real good playing with Stewie)
K. Samualson Stanford (should/could have been the first Samualson in UConn)
Loyd ND (really liked her and was happy she moved on to the WNBA a year early)
Mabery 2 ND (she's got game and i fear will give us a lot of problems whenever we play them)
B. Jones ND (what a game she had against UConn)
The list is incomplete and names are added to that list all the time :)

Reaction Score
Aja Wilson - playing as well as anyone not in a UConn uniform
Azura Stevens - putting up good numbers despite the questionable coaching
Asia Durr - showing a lot of toughness this season. If she can stay healthy I see superstardom in her future.
Nia Coffey - reminds me of Alyssa Thomas
Ariel Powers - always liked her game
Nina Davis - an All-American despite only being ranked in the 50's and standing under 6 feet playing PF.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Ariel Powers - always liked her game

Good one - I'd add her to my list. I enjoy rooting against the teams Wilson, Stevens, and Davis play on too much to call them "favorites" but I do admire their respective games.

Reaction Score
Joe I have to dissent (strongly). I dislike Madison Cable because at least once per game she under cuts someone. During the last UCONN game she undercut both Stewie ( Video Below) and Tuck. She did same to Mitchell of OSU and Diamond during the ND Vs Tenn. game.
Very dangerous technique. She is no Kelly Faris.

Right on, Coco. I absolutely agree with you, A world of difference between playing hard and playing dirty.

I dislike Cable so much that, inconceivably, I found myself rooting for the Lady Vols when they played at ND. Not surprisingly, I suffered a nasty autoimmune reaction as a result of my foolishness.

Reaction Score
I don't really have a favorite team. I do have a lot of favorite players though.
Breanna Stewart- For obvious reasons.
Brianna Turner- she has so much potential. I like her inside game, but she needs a midrange game to really become dominant. Plus just more powerful inside moves.
Diamond Deshields- I liked her game at UNC. She hasn't impressed me at UT yet, but who am I anyways?
Jordin Canada- Quick exciting point guard
Mo Jefferson- Same reasons that I like Canada, but Mo is just more elite in every way.
Alexis Jones- I like her smooth handle and she can make really exciting plays. I'm glad she's no longer at Duke.
Linnae Harper- She's an impressive 5'6" and was a beast on the boards at UK. She also played killer D at the Pan American games.
Evelyn Akhator- she's a JuCo transfer that caught my eye and I really enjoy watching her

Reaction Score
My grandfather. He once made 64 conservative free throws.

Reaction Score
Seriously Shoni. I think she did more with less than anyone.

Reaction Score
Heresy but Marina Mabrey....all the cliches apply: ice water in the veins, a stare Pat Summit would be proud of and a bit of junk yard dog in her game. She reminds me of a young DT. She may be the one to push ND up to the championship level.

ps...Madison Cable makes me barf

Reaction Score
Ok I'll bite, what's a conservative free throw? Underhanded?

I'd have to go with Asia Durr. I think I'm gonna really like her game.
Oh c**p, it was supposed to be consecutive, sorry.

Reaction Score
OK, at the risk of being invited to leave the board, I like Bianca Cuevas of S. Carolina! She wears #1 and is a diminutive, lightening quick point guard who comes off their bench to light a spark. The reckless abandon with which she plays sometimes succeeds and sometimes fails miserably. Either way, she's very fun to watch on the floor. Hopefully, her play against us will be fun to watch, but not too successful...:):):)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
OK, at the risk of being invited to leave the board, I like Bianca Cuevas of S. Carolina! She wears #1 and is a diminutive, lightening quick point guard who comes off their bench to light a spark. The reckless abandon with which she plays sometimes succeeds and sometimes fails miserably. Either way, she's very fun to watch on the floor. Hopefully, her play against us will be fun to watch, but not too successful...:):):)
I would prefer that you stay around and post more often.

I agree with what you say about her potential sparkfulness. It was interesting to me, however, how little she played against Mississippi State. Maybe she was semi in the doghouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom