My favorite aspect of this year's team... | The Boneyard

My favorite aspect of this year's team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was mentioned in the Geno Show, but nothing brings a smile to my face as when the whole teams yells after a good play or stretch of plays.

I cant recall in recent years the last I heard as much cheers from the Huskies on the court. The years w Maya, Tina and Hayes had their pumped up moments where these last 4 years was a quiet controlled confidence. To me it shows their own excitement and tenacity this season and I love it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great point. And it's not just the players on the bench - it's the entire team. It's great seeing Tierney so invested and not just "high 5-ing" whenever someone hits a 3, but standing in rapt attention next to Geno when he's talking to the team in a time out, or running out on to the court to high 5 everyone as they come off the court...

I do think this team has more of an edge than teams in the past. No one is more intense than Nurse, but it's more than just that. I think the players ALL heard the comments "this is the year to get UCONN"... Translation - this team is not as good as past UCONN teams. Call it "chip on the shoulder" or "extreme intensity" or whatever you want, but this team is DIALED IN...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's true that we have moved through the Cold Assassins Era in which we had wild fan celebrations watching Stewie smile or raise an arm after sinking an NBA 3 and now we are in new territory. I say whatever it takes. And I absolutely prefer a little dog barking now and then when it keeps the pack on the move.

Reaction Score
Easy: their grit and determination. They are too short; they don't always shoot great from the outside; their freshman point guard, when she comes in, can be erratic; they are erratic in terms of contribution from game to game, except for Napheesa. But every game, no matter the opponent, they fight like Hades to win!!!

That's their most endearing quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog