My Conspiracy Theory | The Boneyard

My Conspiracy Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is what I think is going on in the UConn CR world.
  • The ACC has wanted UConn all along but knew they could wait since they had no other suitors.
  • With word spreading that UConn is a candidate for the B12 Swofford moved quickly to meet with ESPN about UConn.
  • ESPN wants UConn and ND in the ACC full-time hence the comments last week from Brando.
  • Coyle was a B1G mole at the Cuse and was ready leave to Minnesota but opted (or told?) to stay until the meetings this week. He attended the Tuesday meetings and heard about the plan then quickly bolted and informed the Big Ten about the ACC's plans.
  • BIG now in a race with the ACC and B12 to land UConn.
Makes sense to me!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I hesitated to click on this for like 1 second.

Reaction Score
I'm with you on all elements but the first one. Swofford is not interested in a school that controls its own state on the Atlantic seaboard and then some. He is very intent right now on adding new schools that fit the ACC mold.

Memphis is at the top of his list, though he hopes to pry away Cincinnati from the B12s clutches, as he did with Pitt.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I CAN'T STOP TOUCHING MYSELF. SOMETHING IS REALLY GONNA HAPPEN.
I have spoken to you about this before Funster. Now, repeat after me.

"Conference realignment rule #1. We're Doomed!"

Oh and stop touching yourself.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I CAN'T STOP PINCHING MYSELF. SOMETHING IS REALLY GONNA HAPPEN.
Had to do it. Doesn't this sum up our feelings towards any conference poised to invite UConn?

I don't want anybody else
When I think about you, I touch myself
Oh, I don't want anybody else, oh, no
Oh, no, oh, no
You're the one who makes me come running
You're the sun who makes me shine
When you're around I'm always laughin',
I want to make you mine
I close my eyes and see you before me
Think I would die if you were to ignore me
A fool could see just how much I adore you
I'd get down on my knees, I'd do anything for you
I don't want anybody else
When I think about you, I touch myself
Oh, I don't want anybody else, oh, no
Oh, no, oh, no

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Waiting for Conspiracy Kitty to sign off on this.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
I haven't been able to post very much. As you can imagine, I've been busy... you know tracking private charters, reading BOT minutes, etc... Anyway, I agree regarding everything except Coyle. Occam's Razor: After a few months at Syracuse, pretty much anyone would be looking for a way out. Heck, I'm surprised it took as long as it did. I'd be out as soon Beoheim wanted to shake hands.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
  • The ACC has wanted UConn all along but knew they could wait since they had no other suitors.
  • With word spreading that UConn is a candidate for the B12 Swofford moved quickly to meet with ESPN about UConn.
  • ESPN wants UConn and ND in the ACC full-time hence the comments last week from Brando.
  • Coyle was a B1G mole at the Cuse and was ready leave to Minnesota but opted (or told?) to stay until the meetings this week. He attended the Tuesday meetings and heard about the plan then quickly bolted and informed the Big Ten about the ACC's plans.
Makes sense to me!

I'm always down for good ol' fashioned conspiracy theories, but do you have any sources from a car wash, Facebook, or AOL to support any of this? I can't put any stock in them until you do.

Reaction Score
I'm always down for good ol' fashioned conspiracy theories, but do you have any sources from a car wash, Facebook, or AOL to support any of this? I can't put any stock in them until you do.
No sources but I do follow some guy on twitter who was sending limerick's and Uconn Bow Tie's to E. Gordon Gee in hopes he can influence the B12 to add UConn.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
No sources but I do follow some guy on twitter who was sending limerick's and Uconn Bow Tie's to E. Gordon Gee in hopes he can influence the B12 to add UConn.

Smart dude. He must know a thing or two about high fashion men's wear.

Reaction Score
Im pretty sure there was a report after the ACC added Louisville that there was no rush to add UConn because everyone felt they will always be there in the future.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Makes sense to me!

I love conspiracy theories, be they CR or other. In your case I love where it heads. My last bullet point would be that B1G invites UConn to shore up NYC, further isolate the fruit and BCU and be the doninant conference in the region.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
I haven't been able to post very much. As you can imagine, I've been busy... you know tracking private charters, reading BOT minutes, etc... Anyway, I agree regarding everything except Coyle. Occam's Razor: After a few months at Syracuse, pretty much anyone would be looking for a way out. Heck, I'm surprised it took as long as it did. I'd be out as soon Beoheim wanted to shake hands.
I think Conspiracy Kitty may be the best thing that's ever came to this board. I love me some car wash but Conspiracy Kitty takes the cake. How long has he been around these parts. It's been a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom