My Competely Amateur of the Offense | The Boneyard

My Competely Amateur of the Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Our line can't block well enough in the passing game and Whitmer doesn't have anything remotely resembling pocket presence. He doesn't step up in the pocket at all anymore (I feel like he used to a lot more last year) and can't throw over the rush very well.

As a result, we often roll him out but guess what? Whitmer isn't very accurate throwing when he is running. Lots of incomplete passes.

To top it all off, our primary RB is a complete lightweight who still can't break tackles or make a big play so defenses don't have to respect our running game at all.

The only solution is either Whitmer gets killed stepping up in the pocket or we try a new QB who is better throwing the ball on the run or has better pocket presence. In my opinion, putting Boyle (a pocket passer and true freshman) in behind this line could be disastrous.

Reaction Score
I feel like Whitmer is getting David Carr Syndrome. That's the disorder where a promising young QB is turned into a shell of his former self due to excessive exposure to 300 lb d-linemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom